• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Help

Fhalyassa

First Post
I need help with setting up my half-fiend character. I was think my character is a half succubus and half unseelie fey with Summer Caress. Would it be better to make her an Alu-Demon? Is the Alu-Demon's polymorph spell-like ability weak not all that great? If I go with an Alu-Demon how would my character look like? Why does the Alu-Demon have the spell-like ability polymorph 3/day when the Alu-Fiend in 2nd had shape change (to a humanoid form of approximately their own height and weight only)

My character's unmodified stats are as follows. Str: 15; Con: 16; Dex: 15 Wis: 14; Int: 19; Cha: 18. I would like my character have the ability to cast arcane spells. Is there any class that can cast arcane spells and use a sword such as a rapier or long sword?

Alu-Demon
Armor: Natural armor improves by +4 instead of by +1.
Full Attack: An alu-demon gains no claw or bite attack. She does gain a special touch attack usable once per round as a standard action. If she hits, she deals 1d6 points of negative energy damage plus additional damage equal to her Charisma bonus. She gains half of any damage inflicted in this manner back as healing.
Special Attacks: Alu-demons cannot smite good.
Spell-Like Abilities: Replace darkness 3/day with charm person 3/day. Replace desecrate with detect thoughts 3/day. Replace unholy blight with suggestion 3/day. Replace poison with polymorph 3/day (humanoid form only). Replace contagion with dimension door.
Abilities: Str +2, Dex +4, Con +4, Int +2, Cha + 6

What can you tell me about the Lemorian Half-Fiend? Where can i find info on that type of half-fiend?

Last edited:

Sekhmet

First Post
I can help you with classes. You're looking for a Duskblade if you want to cast Arcane spells in melee combat (channel through your sword), couple that with Wizard to grab a large list of spells to draw from and you have a great "glass cannon" style gish.

As far as PrC's go, you'll probably end up having to go Abjurant Champion (full casting, full BAB, a few free metamagics ,with d10 HP). Other possibilities are Eldritch Knight, Runesmith (full plate casting), or Spelldancer (free persistent spells).

If you go Charisma based, you're looking at Hexblade and Sorcerers.

As far as your templates go, I don't have access to Dragon 355, so I can't really help with your Alu-Demon questions. IIRC: Alu-fiend and Alu-Demon have the same Alter Self as Succubus do, though.
Also, being mindless, I'm not sure you can actually be a Half Lemure.

Last edited:

Fhalyassa

First Post
What I listed about the Alu-Demon is actually from Dragon #355 . I think the Half-Fiend Lemorians are from the Savage Tide Adventure.

Last edited:

Fhalyassa

First Post
I am leaning towards the Duskblade. I do not want her to be a Hexblade.
I originally was thinking that my character is an Enchanter. Just out curiosity should I as an Alu-demon I take a class that is Charisma based? My Charisma as an Alu-Demon would be 24.

I would like make my character become a Succubus. I would like her stats and class abilities to basically stay the same but also gain all the powers and abilities of a succubus.

Last edited:

kingius

First Post
How about just building the character that you would like to play? You'll have a lot more fun if you just let go of the numbers a bit. While it can be fun to min-max, all of these abilities and races and so on are really conceptual and when you view them as such the game really comes to life.

If you are having problems with this, ask yourself if you can you see yourself playing this race, or that race, if the bonuses were the same? Your character concept should help you determine these things... the numbers are pretty dull without it.

Fhalyassa

First Post
The character I would like play as has wings (a most), the ability shape into any humanoid form, can charm monster or charm person at will, can cast arcane spells (a most), wield a long sword and/or a rapier (a most), possible wield a scourge/whip, has a high charisma score (a most), and the ability to energy drain. The ability to wield a long sword and/or a rapier and cast arcane spells basically a female sword wielding wizard has been at the heart of this character from the start of thinking about what she can do. is what i was thing she was from the start

The only problem with Duskblade is fact that a Duskblade has small selection of arcane spells.

I like the succubus's Alternate Form ability, ability to energy drain, and the spell-like abilities of charm monster and teleport without error

Last edited:

kingius

First Post
I like the concept. Succubus seems like a good choice to me, especially with the high charisma and the potential to use a whip as core concepts.

Fhalyassa

First Post
I like the concept. Succubus seems like a good choice to me, especially with the high charisma and the potential to use a whip as core concepts.
The picture below makes me think of my how my of how character might dress in human form is she is a succubus. That picture also got me to think she can wield a whip/scourge. So you think I should go the Savage Species route and be a succubus? How would I updated Savage Species version of the Succubus to make it 3.5 compatible if I play as one? If I go the Succubus route then what would be some good feats to get?

Thrall_of_Malcanthet.jpg

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads