Character Submission Thread

Aura

Explorer
Finishing up the Docket (in order of appearance):

Francis John - Needs one approval for level 1 despite being level 2 (peer or judge)

Ethane Beray - Needs one approval (peer or judge)

Non-judge DMC credit awarded:

jackslate45: 0.1 DMC each for Aelspeth Noromiel and Arradon Delgaran

Last edited:

ealt

Explorer
Review of Francis John III

This is my first review of a peer's character. Let me know if you think I'm wrong and we can sort it all out.

Things to Change:

• I noticed that you have several languages. Your character starts knowing common (Low Landellian), one racial language (Halfling), one regional language (Middle Landellian), and two bonus languages from the Halfling language list (Elven and one other). You took one rank in Linguistics which gives you access to one additional language (High Landellian). This leaves one language unaccounted for (Old Landellian). You should change this to one of the bonus languages available to halflings (Dwarven, Gnome, or Goblin).

APPROVED - Contingent on the change to the language

Last edited:

ealt

Explorer
Review of Ethane Beray

Still new at the whole peer review thing, so if I made a mistake go ahead and call me out on it.

Things to Change:
  • Looks good, add in some background and you'll be golden.

Things I Changed:
  • Your math for your Flatfooted AC was incorrect, your source numbers were right, but they add up to 20 not 21.
  • I added your trait types in

APPROVED

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Jaelle Nuri is presented for his initial review. He's replacing the newly retired Kalinn Ari (who went back to the Seithr mountains to take over her father's place a chief of the HaGruut), although he's starting at only 4th level.

The background is brief and I'm not really satisfied with his pictures, but I'm pushing ahead 'cause I'm rushing to get him into perrinmiller's 3-4 adventure.

ealt

Explorer
Review of Jaelle Nuri

Still pretty new to this, so if you have any issues let me know!

Things to Change:
  • The way the pictures at the top of the page are formatted makes the Basic Information section difficult to read.
  • You've taken three ranks in linguistics, but have only selected one additional language. You have also only taken two of your three bonus languages for having a high Intelligence score. I interpret your languages as being:
    • Common: Low Landellian
    • Racial: Abyssal
    • Bonus 1: Elven
    • Bonus 2: Infernal
    • Regional: Inner Sea
    • Linguistics 1: Irthian
    You can take two additional languages from the Linguistics skill page, and one additional language for having a high Intelligence score.

Things I Changed:
  • You had your hit die incorrectly listed as a d18, obvious typo, corrected to d10.
  • Your ability modifiers were occasionally incorrectly calculated throughout. Fixed all those I saw, but I may have missed a few.
  • Applied Weapon Finesse to your Kukris, now using Dexterity instead of Strength, better chance to hit.

Things I am Unsure of:
  • Is Knowledge (Sociology) a thing? I can't find anything on it, but I'm also still new here so if this is some kind of house-ruled thing then ignore this.

APPROVED - Contingent on fixing the language issues

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Thanks, ealt! I figured there would be stuff I missed, as I rushed it a bit and was using a copy of Jonas' character sheet.

Knowledge (Sociology) is one I took under the Knowledge (Other) category. It's going to be pretty much useless other than for flavor - my idea for Jaelle is that he's a "man of a thousand faces" sort, who's picked up a lot of different knowledge about various cultures, languages, etc. in order to blend in . . . keeping anyone from finding out that he's actually of the Harran.

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Languages for Francis John

Common: Low Landellian
Racial: Halfling
Linguistics: Elven
Regional: Middle Landellian
Bonus +1: High Landellian
Bonus +2: Old Landellian

I think I asked somewhere when I first made the character if I could take more regional languages instead of racial languages. I could be wrong. If I need to change, that's fine.

Aura

Explorer
It could just be that the question was misunderstood, but I can't remember what was said, either. To my knowledge, the language lists on most of the demi-human races are restrictions on how they may spend their bonus languages from Int. In your case, Elven is a halfling language anyway, so that only means switching out one of your two regionals for a racial tongue. And then you can buy it back soon enough with another linguistics point.

Remove ads