Character Submission Thread

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Aradra is saddened by the news that Kalinn left :(

Thanks, jackslate! I really like Kalinn/Frost but I sort of felt like I'd reached a dead end with her as far as character growth - it seemed like I was just posting the same stuff over and over, and I couldn't figure a way out of it.

Aradra is welcome to come hang out with the HaGruut up in the Seithrs, though! Who knows, maybe someone - maybe even me - will set an LPF adventure up there with her tribe :D.

jackslate45

First Post
Thanks, jackslate! I really like Kalinn/Frost but I sort of felt like I'd reached a dead end with her as far as character growth - it seemed like I was just posting the same stuff over and over, and I couldn't figure a way out of it.

Aradra is welcome to come hang out with the HaGruut up in the Seithrs, though! Who knows, maybe someone - maybe even me - will set an LPF adventure up there with her tribe :D.
That would be all sorts of awesome.

MerryMortician

Explorer
Yesterday at 4:18pm CST, Aelspeth was due to roll (or, rather to Take 10) for transcribing Touch of the Sea from a scroll to her spellbook. She'd have finished the next scroll, Ant Haul, this afternoon. DT's adventure thread was posted at 3:01pm CST, 43 minutes shy of waiting the 24-hour limit on learning spells regardless of level. I am perfectly comfortable with her work going unfinished at this time, as she was rapidly swept from the DWI (IC), but I would like to know how judges might rule on the matter. In general, is the ruling that a character must wait "a day" or "24 hours"?

Edit: On a third check, it looks like I mismeasured time. I think she'd have completed Ant Haul on Sunday afternoon and a spell I hadn't yet specified would have been up for debate to be learned today. All the more appropriate that she didn't complete her work. I'm still curious about the ruling, though.

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
Reviewing Jaelle Nuri

This is a good-faith review of Jaelle. Any mistakes are unintentional, feel free to point out if I have erred and we shall get it straightened up.

Mechanics
- Nothing seems amiss.

Comments
- The basic character information section is nearly lost on my 13" laptop as well as my tablet. I had to read it in editor mode, since it's sandwiched between two pictures.
- Character look is oh-so-creepy.
- I recommend noting that your weapon finesse is accessed through the rogue talent named finesse rogue. I didn't edit it because it looked like you had a pretty tight format there and I didn't want to mess it up.
- Kn:Sociology: As long as you're comfortable with this being unlikely to be asked for, then I have no objection.

Looks good here. Jaelle is APPROVED! Have fun.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Knowledge (Sociology) is one I took under the Knowledge (Other) category. It's going to be pretty much useless other than for flavor - my idea for Jaelle is that he's a "man of a thousand faces" sort, who's picked up a lot of different knowledge about various cultures, languages, etc. in order to blend in . . . keeping anyone from finding out that he's actually of the Harran.

Isn't that what Knowledge (local), (geography), and Linguistics are? I think you would be better served taking those ranks and putting them into standard skills, either improving what you have or giving you a smattering of other knowledges that would prove useful for maintaining a cover identity.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The basic character information section is nearly lost on my 13" laptop as well as my tablet. I had to read it in editor mode, since it's sandwiched between two pictures.

Yeah, it looks great if you've got a lot of real estate but I can see them getting in the way on smaller screens or at lower resolution. I'm a very visual person, and character pics are a big deal for me (and if I get some I like I want to show them off . . .). I'll try to figure a way to do that so they don't get in the way as much. Do they do the same thing on Jonas, Kalinn and Breninyr? No one's said anything before; if they don't I want to figure out what I'm doing differently on Jaelle.[/QUOTE]

Character look is oh-so-creepy.

Awesome - creepy is exactly what I was going for. Good to know I nailed it :D.

- I recommend noting that your weapon finesse is accessed through the rogue talent named finesse rogue. I didn't edit it because it looked like you had a pretty tight format there and I didn't want to mess it up.
- Kn:Sociology: As long as you're comfortable with this being unlikely to be asked for, then I have no objection.

Looks good here. Jaelle is APPROVED! Have fun.

I'll take care of the Finesse Rogue label next time I'm on, and give some thought to the Knowledge (Sociology) thing. To me that gives a deeper understanding of a culture than just Local and Linguistics that would be essential if one were truly trying to pass as a member of that society, but it's surely NOT going to be used mechanically. I may drastically reduce the ranks in it, at least, and spread them around to more useful skills.

Isn't that what Knowledge (local), (geography), and Linguistics are? I think you would be better served taking those ranks and putting them into standard skills, either improving what you have or giving you a smattering of other knowledges that would prove useful for maintaining a cover identity.

Thanks, GE - see above for my reasoning and probable changes, based on yours and Aura's feedback.

Aura

Explorer
Do they do the same thing on Jonas, Kalinn and Breninyr? No one's said anything before; if they don't I want to figure out what I'm doing differently on Jaelle.

This was the first time I've noticed such a problem, but I went back and checked. All previous characters are OK. In Jonas, Kalinn and Brenn, the basic information stat block appears under the portrait. With Jaelle, it appears to the right of the portrait, which then runs into a collision with the full body image.

Does that help?

Remove ads