Cheap Shot at D&D Players

Wormwood

Adventurer
the mote in your eye.

Some of you, upset that D&Ders are being insulted, have no problem using terms like 'White Trash' and 'Trailer Park Trash'.

Whatever.

cbatt

First Post
Just for reference, it appears that the reporter was simply paraphrasing from the toy's description.

To learn more about "Speedfry" and his mullet-head buddies, head over to: http://www.mulletheadtoys.com/

(BTW: "Speedfry" is not the doll pictured in the article.)

(BTW2: While you're there, check out animation #2 (links in lower left of screen). Silly DnD reference in there.)

Last edited:

Talath

Explorer
Just for reference, it appears that the reporter was simply paraphrasing from the toy's description.

To learn more about "Speedfry" and his mullet-head buddies, head over to: http://www.mulletheadtoys.com/

(BTW: "Speedfry" is not the doll pictured in the article.)

Well, looks like I owe someone an apology.

And some toy company is getting an email as well.

Talath

Explorer
I would like to take this time to remind all of us that even though we may be very sure of something, assumptions are no replacement for fact. Remember, if you assume, you make an ass out of you and me.

I would also like to take this time to make a donkey noise, and pull my head out of my arse.

Ahhhh, that's better.

Now back to your reguarly scheduled thread.

The Oracle

First Post
I have relatives that are white trash and some that are trailor trash and some that are sharecroppers and some that are salt of the earth god-fearin' folk. I know the difference, and there are people like that, and I am related to 'em. It don't bother me and it shouldn't bother you to use them words.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Re: the mote in your eye.

Wormwood said:
Some of you, upset that D&Ders are being insulted, have no problem using terms like 'White Trash' and 'Trailer Park Trash'.

Whatever.

Ever consider that some of us may be white trash? What, we can't have computers or play D&D?

Last edited:

Talath

Explorer
Ok people, the purpose of this thread was to share in a jest, not to offend anyone.

In hindsight, it wasn't the most tactful post of mine, at all. But no harm was meant.

As stands, I see no reason for this thread to keep going because it will degenerate into something that may hurt peoples feelings.

I apologize for starting this thread and to anyone I may have offended.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
I'm not offended; I'm just pointing out that some of us may be white trash, which means we can use terms like white trash. I grew up with hillbillies, I spent most of my teen years hanging out in trailer parks and government subsidized housing projects, I ran around with guys who are now in prison or have done time, most of my childhood/early adulthood friends were drug abusers and alcoholics, etc. etc. If I don't fit the definition, I don't know who does.

Remove ads