Check Out DRIZZT DO'URDEN'S 5E Character Sheet!

Here's a look at the character sheet of one Mr. D. Do'Urden. Chris Perkins played the character during the latest Pax East Acquisitions Inc. live game. Eagle-eyed readers might spot that Drizzt is only 8th level here; Perkins has a decent explanation for why that is: "I didn't feel it was appropriate to bring a 15th-level character to an 8th-level party." When asked what makes Drizzt so iconic, he replied "Because he's a super ninja with two magic scimitars and a magic cat! Rawr!" That last sentence is not true; what he actually said was "He puts the welfare of others before himself. He helps those who need help, including those who hate and fear him."

Here's a look at the character sheet of one Mr. D. Do'Urden. Chris Perkins played the character during the latest Pax East Acquisitions Inc. live game. Eagle-eyed readers might spot that Drizzt is only 8th level here; Perkins has a decent explanation for why that is: "I didn't feel it was appropriate to bring a 15th-level character to an 8th-level party." When asked what makes Drizzt so iconic, he replied "Because he's a super ninja with two magic scimitars and a magic cat! Rawr!" That last sentence is not true; what he actually said was "He puts the welfare of others before himself. He helps those who need help, including those who hate and fear him."

d1.jpg
d2.jpg

I still think that Drizzt is secretly evil.

Come on...think about it. He gets Wulfgar killed so that he can have Catti-brie to himself.

I also think he's the second gunman on the Grassy Knoll. Come one, you know you can't prove that he's not!

Barachiel

First Post
Drizz't never did anything distinctly Ranger-like that a Fighter could not. Except train a seal to get Guen's statue at the bottom of a lake, but a Fighter in 3E with high Handle Animal can pull that off. Drizz't was always a Fighter to me.

Reinhart

First Post

Come on...think about it. He gets Wulfgar killed so that he can have Catti-brie to himself.

I also think he's the second gunman on the Grassy Knoll. Come one, you know you can't prove that he's not!

Plus, he's wearing that magic leather armor when he could just as easily pawn it off, buy some studded leather for the same benefit, and donate the rest towards some noble cause like feeding an orphanage for year! ;)

Plus, he's wearing that magic leather armor when he could just as easily pawn it off, buy some studded leather for the same benefit, and donate the rest towards some noble cause like feeding an orphanage for year! ;)

All I gotta say is that Jimmy Hoffa pissed him off. Anybody seen Jimmy Hoffa since then?

CapnZapp

Legend
Note to all Drizzt wannabees:

Do like the designers do; fudge away two of the worst design decisions of 5th Ed: the action economy on your pet and drow sunlight sensitivity (something is wrong when a gnome is the best underdark race choice).

CapnZapp

Legend
Drizz't never did anything distinctly Ranger-like that a Fighter could not. Except train a seal to get Guen's statue at the bottom of a lake, but a Fighter in 3E with high Handle Animal can pull that off. Drizz't was always a Fighter to me.
Or perhaps Chris Perkins noticed what the rest of us have done: how the Ranger's best features work badly for a two-weapon fighting melee character?

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
It was established back in Drow of the Underdark that drow can eventually lose their sunlight sensitivity after they have been above ground long enough.

I'm behind in the novels, but in one of them wasn't Drizzt also Keyser Söze?

drowdude

First Post
Wow... that is... that's... I mean I really don't even care for Drizzt all that much (haven't read one of his novels since... hmmm.... silent blade?), and reading that is just painful. FFS it doesn't even describe how Gwen appears correctly... /sigh

Remove ads

Remove ads