Dragonlance Check Out Shadow of the Dragon Queen's Table of Contents!

Courtesy of Fryminis who shared it on Twitter, here's a look at the table of contents from Shadow of the Dragon Queen! The 224 page book has 7 chapters and 5 appendices: Character Creation Prelude to War When Home Burns Shadow of War The Northern Wastes City of Lost Names Siege of Kalaman Appendices: Gear and Magic Items Friends and Foes Sidekicks Story Concept Art Maps

Courtesy of Fryminis who shared it on Twitter, here's a look at the table of contents from Shadow of the Dragon Queen!

The 224 page book has 7 chapters and 5 appendices:
  • Character Creation
  • Prelude to War
  • When Home Burns
  • Shadow of War
  • The Northern Wastes
  • City of Lost Names
  • Siege of Kalaman
Appendices:
  • Gear and Magic Items
  • Friends and Foes
  • Sidekicks
  • Story Concept Art
  • Maps

sodt_toc.jpeg

Weiley31

Legend
A Death Dragon with no Legendary Actions is an easy fix. Just straight up GTA the MM's Dracolich Legendary Options. Or you take an Ancient/Greater Wyrm aged Dragon stat block from Fizban, add the Dracolich Template, and just swap in what you want from the Greater Dragon stat block.

dave2008

Legend
A Death Dragon with no Legendary Actions is an easy fix. Just straight up GTA the MM's Dracolich Legendary Options. Or you take an Ancient/Greater Wyrm aged Dragon stat block from Fizban, add the Dracolich Template, and just swap in what you want from the Greater Dragon stat block.
Or just use the statblocks in the book? I see no need to add LA to everything

my issue is the Death Dragon is most likely not going to be a solo, it is coming as part of a force with a rider (maybe Soth FGS in the adventure)
Or just use the statblocks in the book? I see no need to add LA to everything
yeah also I can MAKE any monster into a solo threat by adding legendary stuff to it... heck I can make them end boss types if I add mythic traits too.

I can see making 1 death dragon a named one gain Legendary Actions and resistance, but most are going to be part of a large encounter.

Geoff Thirlwell

Adventurer
I’m glad that they seem to be limiting the races to those in the lore. I kind of got the impression that WoTC don’t like saying “no” to player options

dave2008

Legend
I’m glad that they seem to be limiting the races to those in the lore. I kind of got the impression that WoTC don’t like saying “no” to player options
There will likely be an option to play non-native races, similar to how they limited races in Theros, but gave players and DMs an option to include other races if they wanted.

Remove ads

Remove ads