D&D 5E Check Out Wild Beyond the Witchlight's Back Cover & Text

Wild Beyond the Witchlight now has a back cover, complete with product text! The adventure is for levels 1-8, and features a poster map. Something Wicked This Way Comes Once every eight years the fantastic Witchlight Carnival touches down on your world, bringing joy to one settlement after the next. It's owners, Mister Witch and Mister Light, know how to put on a good show. But there's more...
Wild Beyond the Witchlight now has a back cover, complete with product text! The adventure is for levels 1-8, and features a poster map.

Something Wicked This Way Comes

Once every eight years the fantastic Witchlight Carnival touches down on your world, bringing joy to one settlement after the next. It's owners, Mister Witch and Mister Light, know how to put on a good show. But there's more to this magical extravaganza than meets the eye!

The carnival is a gateway to a fantastic Feywild domain unlike anything found on the Material Plane. Time has not been kind to this realm, however, and the dark days lie ahead unless someone can thwart the dastardly schemes of the Hourglass Coven.

The Wild Beyond the Witchlight takes adventureres from the Witchlight Carnival to Prismeer, a Feywild domain of delight. This book comes with a poster map that shows the carnival on one side and the Prismeer on the other.

backcover.jpeg

If the demiplane of Delight are a new setting I wonder why not to become a Magic: the Gathering event like the Throne of Eldraine. Why not a Innistrad-Ravenloft crossover?

How will be the lord of the Delight domains, will they any curse? Maybe there is a delight domain with modern firearms, but these only can cause no-lethal damage, closer to arcade "Splatoon". The perfect place for a crazy official with Fortnite: Battle Royal. The firerarms couldn't break the power balance because they would be magically "nerfed".

Delight domains based in no-Western cultures would be fabulous.

Now I wonder if Kamigawa maybe was a delight domain.

Other of the delight domains would be a erstaz version of Tolkien's Middle Earth, or the forest from moon Endor, Ewoks's home.

NotAYakk

Legend
I like this adventure-centric way to describe what an area is like. Gazetteers are cute, but by engaging with adventure-first it feels more grounded.

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
One thing I'd like to know is if Domains of Delight are BIG GOOD places (and if so, why adventure there? Are they just places of respite and resilience before once more into the breach?), or are they Lotus-Eating Machines - like a sort of dream prison created by providing you with your greatest desires fulfilled, while keeping you from facing the challenges you don't want to face but have to if the world is going to be a better place?

NotAYakk

Legend
One thing I'd like to know is if Domains of Delight are BIG GOOD places (and if so, why adventure there? Are they just places of respite and resilience before once more into the breach?), or are they Lotus-Eating Machines - like a sort of dream prison created by providing you with your greatest desires fulfilled, while keeping you from facing the challenges you don't want to face but have to if the world is going to be a better place?
Oh of course they are Lotus-Eating Machines. This is the feywild, it looks friendlier but it just as dangerous as the shadowfel.

I am curious if the specific term domain of delight is an explicit attempt to create a Feywild counterpart to the Domains of Dread in the Shadowfell. In 4E an archfey's realm was known simply as a demesne.

However, I have a hard time imagining that the realms of archfey such as the Prince of Frost or the Bramble Queen could be referred to as "delightful".

Remove ads

Remove ads