D&D 5E Check Out Wild Beyond the Witchlight's Back Cover & Text

Wild Beyond the Witchlight now has a back cover, complete with product text! The adventure is for levels 1-8, and features a poster map. Something Wicked This Way Comes Once every eight years the fantastic Witchlight Carnival touches down on your world, bringing joy to one settlement after the next. It's owners, Mister Witch and Mister Light, know how to put on a good show. But there's more...

Wild Beyond the Witchlight now has a back cover, complete with product text! The adventure is for levels 1-8, and features a poster map.

Something Wicked This Way Comes

Once every eight years the fantastic Witchlight Carnival touches down on your world, bringing joy to one settlement after the next. It's owners, Mister Witch and Mister Light, know how to put on a good show. But there's more to this magical extravaganza than meets the eye!

The carnival is a gateway to a fantastic Feywild domain unlike anything found on the Material Plane. Time has not been kind to this realm, however, and the dark days lie ahead unless someone can thwart the dastardly schemes of the Hourglass Coven.

The Wild Beyond the Witchlight takes adventureres from the Witchlight Carnival to Prismeer, a Feywild domain of delight. This book comes with a poster map that shows the carnival on one side and the Prismeer on the other.

backcover.jpeg

Paragon Lost

Terminally Lost
lol this looks awful!

But looks like they're really leaning into the research showing that most people don't really play past level 7 or 8...which always seemed a little depressing to me.
Yeah, they really really need to show us what they think the game should look like and play like at higher levels. I'd love to see it from them. If there are issues than they need to work on a book that would correct these issues at the higher levels in my opinion.

Woke up this morning and thought I gives zero cares about this adventure. Then I thought of Isolde’s carnival in Ravenloft and went ok maybe 1/10 cares. Then I saw this article, read “domains of delight” and levels 1-8 and am now firmly convinced this is part one of a two part adventure with the second being ravenloft centric and I am now at 5/10 cares, with a large jump to 10/10 if I am correct.

Feywild domain makes it sound like a crossover adventure in Ravenloft. A domain from the Feywild
Know that in 4e there were fey demesne, where a powerful fey rules. But these were small kingdoms in the larger reflection of the Feywild

Odd that they're finally going to the feywild and making it such a small area rather than giving you a larger tour of the Feywild so you can make your own Feywild adventures
But Level 1-8 makes it sound like a lot of the book is going to be other content rather than adventure
And focusing on a smaller Feywild domain that isn't a reflection of Cormyr makes it easier to move into another setting

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yeah, they really really need to show us what they think the game should look like and play like at higher levels. I'd love to see it from them. If there are issues than they need to work on a book that would correct these issues at the higher levels in my opinion.
They put out Dungeon of the Mad Mage years ago now. Based on what they've said, there is not much of a market for high level material, not just because most people only play up to mid-level, but most people who do play high level are DIYers who don't necessarily buy books (per Perkins).

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Feywild domain makes it sound like a crossover adventure in Ravenloft. A domain from the Feywild
Know that in 4e there were fey demesne, where a powerful fey rules. But these were small kingdoms in the larger reflection of the Feywild

Odd that they're finally going to the feywild and making it such a small area rather than giving you a larger tour of the Feywild so you can make your own Feywild adventures
But Level 1-8 makes it sound like a lot of the book is going to be other content rather than adventure
And focusing on a smaller Feywild domain that isn't a reflection of Cormyr makes it easier to move into another setting
This carnival is a specific crossover with Van Richten’s Guide, where a Fey Carnival run by two Shadar-Kai Elves is mentioned.

This looks like Perkims trying to make a Fairy Curse of Strahd, doing for Fairie what Ravemloft did for Universal and Hammer monsters.

Remove ads

Remove ads