Checking Out The RAGE OF DEMONS Minis from GF9

What do Orcus, Graz'zt, and Zuggtmoy have in common? They're all demon lords, and they're all miniatures coming soon from Gale Force 9. They're limited edition (only 1500 of each). Orcus retails at a mighty $75, with Zuggtmoy at $25 and Graz'zt at $20.

What do Orcus, Graz'zt, and Zuggtmoy have in common? They're all demon lords, and they're all miniatures coming soon from Gale Force 9. They're limited edition (only 1500 of each). Orcus retails at a mighty $75, with Zuggtmoy at $25 and Graz'zt at $20.

GF971048alt.jpg

GF971046alt.jpg

GF971047alt.jpg

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I have the red dragon as well, but haven't painted it yet. Demogorgon on another site was listed at 75 but I'm thinking if it's that large compared to the dracolich, it will be around 95-100 as a guess. I'll pick it up for sure!

Last edited by a moderator:

fjw70

Adventurer
If they came sized for my bones and D&D minis I would have ordered 3 bags... but they would be giants on my board :(

Yes I am always on the lookout for minion-type figs that I can but in bulk for cheap. I have a ton of D&D pre-painted figs but can always supplement my collection. Maybe I should go check out the miniature store. Haven't been there in a while.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Gonna put the last of my collection on eBay soon. I love minis, but we are downsizing..... On topic, if I still was keeping them......that demogorgan would be on my shelf.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
Where can I buy the fractured dimension minis? I found their blog but didn't know if they had a store or other distribution channels.

I see where they are using a company called Mortal Arrow as the distributor and the only link is a dumb Facebook page. On the Facebook page, the link to their site is a dead link. Checking their comments section, it was supposed to be up in May but it's 4 to 5 months later. Poorly run company so far in my book. Can't even buy the awesome looking minis yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Psychometrika

First Post
I simply dislike their approach to this aspect of the business. It forgoes the most practical option in favor of a system that favors a minority of people willing (and able) to spend piles of cash. I'm sure Reaper would love to take a contract to manufacture the trademarked D&D beasties and NPCs, and it would certainly be nice to need three umber hulks and a mind flayer, buy three umber hulks and a mind flayer. For people who prefer to paint their own pieces, it would be a godsend - no high priced resin collectors pieces, no low-detail plastic pieces. The blind packs and collectors' pieces could coexist happily alongside them for those that prefer it.

Paizo experimented with lines that featured a collection of specific prepainted minis like dragons (Evolution) or had a specific theme (Encounters). The also had a builder series that, while still blind, had a small number of minis and focused on a certain type of monster (goblins, undead, etc.). They all tended to do poorly, and are no longer being produced. In fact several of them are still are gathering dust on the shelf of my FLGS despite being released over two years ago in some cases.

Unfortunately, it seems that for pre-painted minis blind packs are the way to go for both producers and merchants. Sufficient demand for profitability just doesn't seem to be there for the open packs.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I don't mind the blind packs since it reminds me of when I was a kid and bought baseball/football cards. They slight rush as you open it hoping to get your favorite player. If you did, euphoria, if not, slight let down but you went back and bought more until you did get your player. Granted, packs of Topps cards were under $0.50 back in the early 80s when I was a kid and blind packs for minis are about $15-17...so I buy a few, then pick up the singles of the ones I really want.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Reaper was doing their pre-painted line but it seems that Bones pretty much took over everything there. They still do metal but Bones was a huge sucess for them. These Gf9 figs seems more like display collectors models than gaming figures to me.

Mortal Arrow

Explorer
Where can I buy the fractured dimension minis? I found their blog but didn't know if they had a store or other distribution channels.

I see where they are using a company called Mortal Arrow as the distributor and the only link is a dumb Facebook page. On the Facebook page, the link to their site is a dead link. Checking their comments section, it was supposed to be up in May but it's 4 to 5 months later. Poorly run company so far in my book. Can't even buy the awesome looking minis yet.

For sure it did take us awhile to go live, as Fractured Dimensions wanted to fulfill as many Backers as possible before selling the minis online. We've been selling and shipping since mid-November with nary a hiccup. Feel free to visit the Facebook or web store directly. Thanks for your patience.

Remove ads

Remove ads