• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago EN World Game Day: The Aftermath! :)

Ah... what a truly marvelous gameday, as always.... :D

Breakfast: Though I was late by about a half-hour, I still made it there before Mark, so it really wasn't a problem at all... The pre-gaming pow-wow was filled with artery-clogging breakfast skillets, laughter, and a phonecall to our comrades out at Chez Piratecat.

Bad Fur Day: Hats off to my tremendous group: MattyHelms (who will turn into a damned fine D&D player given a bit of time... :)), thalmin, Dinkledog, Halma, and gru. You guys put up with my poor rules knowledge and a skeleton of what will be, once fleshed out, a truly awesome scenario. I had a blast, and learned a lot about 3.5e that I just didn't plain know...

Matty, your kind review of my session is awesome....aw hell, you'll make me blush! I really don't know if I'm worthy of such lofty praise, but... thanks a lot my friend :D

Coming later when I'm not about to fall asleep on the keybaord:

My thoughts on the second slot!

Gru

First Post
MattyHelms said:
This was one of my first experience with 3rd edition D&D and they were all great help.

A hearty second from the land of the spirits where your friendly barbarian now wanders, eternally tormented by the spirits of those he has slain (especially those nasty-ass centipedes...BLECH)! I too am grateful for everyone's patience with my incomplete understanding of 3rd edition (and beyond...). Hope to see y'all at the next one or feel free to ping me if you need a floater for any games (I hear this flu is going around...).

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
MattyHelms said:
Breakfast was fun and featured the call out to the Boston Gameday. Piratecat sounds eerily like me. We confirmed that we were all naked while talking.

I know I was! Thanks again - that was great.

alsih2o

First Post
Barendd Nobeard said:
She also had the first memorable quotation of the day: "I throw a tea cup at the monkey."

I will post pics and some more quotations tomorrow. :)

so, both boston and chicago gamedays had monkeys?

that says something.

Pix!

I have posted my pix from the Gameday. Not as many as last time--I was busy transcribing a dozen pages of mutant powers for Synnibar. :p

Some memorable quoations:

"Dagon was here." - Joshua Dyal, describing what the runes said in "The Duchess' Tea Party"

"It's just me. I'm looking for food." - KingofIdiots as hostile militia guards shoot at him during jalea's post-nuke d20 Modern game

"You're unarmed. All you have is your good looks." (points at Charisma score of 10) - templeguard to Gorak in jalea's post-nuke d20 Modern game

"That depends. Do you consider hell fiery?" - Joshua Dyal, again

"If you made a face at that rule....your face is gonna cramp up." - MattyHelms to Halma, who was playing Synnibar for the first time.

"I'm a closet Synnibar player." - Halma

"No, it's all breast." - Tara on her character's 213 pound weight in Synnibar

"Ladies, please, there is enough Ed for everyone." - MattyHelms to the players in Synnibar--Ed was the only male PC.

"The teflon ninja." - Tara, describing Halma's character in Synnibar.

Last edited:

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Piratecat said:
I know I was! Thanks again - that was great.
Ah, that explains why you left the house for part of the phone call - you must have been trying to get broadcast to Chicago via the neighbor's webcam! It also explains why you came back quickly, since it was around 30 degrees out. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads