• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago EN World Game Day: The Aftermath! :)

MattyHelms

First Post
Mark said:
New breed? :p

I had an Effing Ham once for a traditional British X-Mas Effing dinner... ;)

See you there! :)

I student taught in Effingham. I called it F*@$ing Bacon

See you all in a bit!!!!

My excitement KNOW NO LIMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Heads up! Boz posted on the Boston thread that he will probably not be able to come. Now, I KNOW he wasn't coming to Boston for the game day - so I think that means you guys. :)

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Piratecat said:
Heads up! Boz posted on the Boston thread that he will probably not be able to come. Now, I KNOW he wasn't coming to Boston for the game day - so I think that means you guys. :)

Thanks! I noticed that and dropped him an email to see if some arrangement could be made for an alternative but I am not sure if he will see it in time. If he's not going to the gameday, he might just sleep in. I'll keep my fingers croosed that he'll get it in time.

folletaelf

First Post
Talisman game --registration problems

I would like to join the Talisman game at 4. I have submitted this reply many times in the past week, and yet it doesnt seem to appear on the message board. I apologize for this last minute entry and I apologize again if its not the proper way to sign up, and I hope that I will be accept anyway.

*carrie

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Piratecat said:

AH, hmmm... did i really do that? ;)

looks like i might just be able to make it after all, my wife is going to give me some extra cash for the week. :)

MattyHelms

First Post
Whew, another Gameday!

Let's start with the thank yous!

Thank you Curt and Jeff for opening Games Plus' doors to all of us again.
Thank you Games Plus staff for all your help.
Thank you Kenzer and Company, Expedious Retreat Press, Bad Axe Games, Games Plus, buzz, and Mark for donating prizes.
Thank you GM's for taking the time to create great games for all of us to play in.
And finally, thank you, every one of you who came out to play.

Now, a quick wrap-up before I collapse.

Breakfast was fun and featured the call out to the Boston Gameday. Piratecat sounds eerily like me. We confirmed that we were all naked while talking.

Morning session was great. "Bad Fur Day" will be a CMG module everyone needs to own. Not that you shouldn't own every one of them, but make sure to get this one. Trevalon is a DM talented well beyond his years - combining him with one of Mark's modules creates a must-play environment. Gru, thalmin, Dinkledog, and Halma were all great. This was one of my first experience with 3rd edition D&D and they were all great help. I'll probably write up something about the adventure in the Story Hour, but I don't want to give away anything here. The point of all my gushing? Make sure to sign up for some CMG goodness and some Trev run fun. If you see any of the same players that played in this game, try to get in on the game.

The prize drawing was done a little quiter this time around. I snagged a copy of Bad Axe Games' new Heroes of High Favor: Halflings book, which looks awesome. KnowTheToe walked off with an autographed copy of the Dragonlance setting book, which I'm sure someone must've mugged him in the parking lot for.

Afternoon was another blast of Synnibarr. Whatta train wreck - not that I really expected any different. For some odd reason, character creation took longer this time even thought there were less players than last time, more copies of the game to work with, and experienced players to help. Damn. The first death took over an hour to happen; I couldn't tell if Halma was happy or upset to be out of the game. Finally, the session ended the way I assume most Synnibarr games end - all the players turned on the weakest. Barendd scored a copy of Synnibarr's supplement while buzz and Sharraunna both "won" copies of the core book. Me? I scored the fame of having run the game twice...

So, it was great to see everyone again. As always, there were games I wish I could've played in and people I wish I could've talked to more. I guess there's always planning for the next Gameday to get me over that remorse, though.

Thank you again, everyone, and see you next time!
Matt
Matt

Nazriel

First Post
Another great day of gaming goodness and I am sleepy.

Personal thank you to Joshua for the Duchess' Tea Party adventure, in which I got to enjoy having an attack bonus of +8 for once and kicking some fiend butt (I'm usually playing in games where I'm low level and weak for some reason unbeknownst to me, heh).

And thank you to Matt for running Synnibar(!) again! It still "Rings with Authenticity"®. I'd say character creation took longer this time because we had characters who had more special abilities and spells to write down than the last group did. :)

I once again have left anxiously looking forward to the next Gameday and what fun awaits there. Thank you for the great time all. Hoody Hoo!

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Thank you one and all for another fun game day.
Even though I was the second casualty in the Bad Fur Day game run by Trev, I had a great time. Poor Trev was really looking forward to a TPK (he started tallying his kills on the white board)) but Dinkledog and Matty survived to win the day! Thanks, Trev, for a very fun time.
And a special thanks to Mark, who pulled together a game at the last minute to fill in for a last minute cancelled game.
Thanks also to Matt for organizinganother event that went off with many hitches, thanks to the flu, but it seemed that everyone who attended had a good time.
Hope to see you all again at the next Game Day.

I, too, had a great time. Thanks, everyone!

Templeguard and I made it out of jalea's d20 Modern game unscathed--but the other players managed to get themselves killed. :cool:

And Synnibar was, well, Synnibar. Painfully dropped by for a few minutes, and we made him start to roll up a character. But that didn't last long (thank Blade!). Buzz and Halma couldn't believe the "system" (and I use the term loosely--very loosely), but no one had to "Call Fate" during the game. And my character's 100,000 - 1,000,000 lightning bolt (think I actually rolled 500,000 damage) was impressive! :D

Oh, and Sharraunna is the GOTH QUEEN of EN World Chicago GameDays. She won two games of "Gother Than Thou"--including a quick game *during* Synnibar's unique (and lengthy) character creation process. She also had the first memorable quotation of the day: "I throw a tea cup at the monkey."

I will post pics and some more quotations tomorrow. :)

buzz

Adventurer
Chiming in here with thanks and more thanks to Joshua Dyal and MattyHelms for running games that were fun and, in the case of Synnibar, mind-numbginly terrible (but in a good way). Also big time thanks to shadowlight, KnowTheToe, Nazriel, Sharraunna, William Ronald, Halma, and Barendd Nobeard for playing in the games, with some extra "thanks" to Barendd for "giving" me a copy of the "game" Synnibar. I'm looking forward to the Synnibar d20 conversion thread. ;)

And, of course, thanks to Curt and everyone at Games Plus for hosting, and to eveyrone who took those games I borught and ate the Official LOTR Pringles. Can't wait for next time!

Remove ads