• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday: Read about what you missed

William Ronald

Explorer
Pbartender said:
Personally, I currently have the 2nd, the 9th and the 16th of October free, and I'm scheduled to work on the 23rd and 30th.

I guess that makes my vote for the 16th.

I concur on October 16th. Thalmin, it might be wise to mention the EN World Game Day during the WotC National Learn to Play D&D Day and the auction.

Also, if we can set a date we can maybe try to start recruiting for events. Maybe an RPGA table of Living Greyhawk and/or Living Kalamar. I am a member of COWS (Chicago Order of Weekend Screwballs), an RPGA group that would be a good place to recruit people for the next game day.

Thanks again everyone for a GREAT Game Day.

Pbartender

First Post
I'll have to think about digging up some of my old books and running some 'retro-classic' games... 1st ed. AD&D, and d6 Star Wars maybe.

Ronin84

First Post
Choice

Not that my opinion amounts to a hill of beans BUT you all asked, I would prefer the 23rd. And I would give serious thought to running something....(looks around to see if anyone peeking) something not d20 :eek:

Ok I said it and I would swear to it in a court of law...

buzz

Adventurer
Ronin84 said:
And I would give serious thought to running something....(looks around to see if anyone peeking) something not d20 :eek:
I was pretty close to running HERO this past Gameday, and have also been considering Burning Wheel or Buffy. When the next planning thread rolls around, I plan to add in a poll asking how interested people are in other systems.

I mean, besides Synnibar, of course.

Reidzilla

Explorer
Either the 16th or the 23rd is OK with me. The only thing I have booked in October is Conception from the 7th-10th in Rosemont.

Also, I am declairing now that I will be running events BOTH sessions and BOTH will happen! Even if I have to create my own players out of Potted Meat, Duct tape, and three week old Jell-o! :D

Awaiting the Dawn / Chapter 1: The Prophet of Benuvale
D&D 3.5 Alternate world setting (some house rules)

Benuvale was once a quiet, peaceful village. It was know for its lush crops but, when not a single Benuvalen farmer came to the Royal Harvest Festival to show their wares, rumors began. Rumors of curses and misfortune plaguing the village, of an unknown priest holding them at bay, and of many unnatural deaths; rumors that simply do not add up to anything good.
Join a young Inquisitor and his companions in the first chapter of their story. (10th Level PCs provided)
6 players

Allied Avengers Assemble!
Mutants and Masterminds system (Green Ronin) (some home rules)

During the conclusion of the 19th century, strange reports began to appear across the world of people who could crush boulders barehanded, lift trains over their heads, and even fly through the air like a bird! None of these reported sightings were ever given much credence until the emergence of super-humans during World War One. Since that time, several exceptional people have come forward and revealed their unique abilities in the to protect the innocent, to up hold the ideals of their nation, or for profit and fame.
With Germany’s declaration of war upon the world and Hitler’s unveiling of his Ueberstahl armored vehicles and troops, Great Britain has called upon the heroes of the Allied nations to fight for freedom!
Join in a “Golden Age” style romp through an alternate history World War Two! A plethora of Heroes will be provided.
6 players

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Reid - You should edit your post and save those descriptions on your computer until after Buzz has set a date, until he has finished with his general polling attendees (for various bits of input), and until he has officially called for DM submissions for games. They sound interesting but you are jumping the gun, which might be problematic for the organizers of the gamedays.

(...and save me some of that jell-o, please...)

Last edited:

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
KnowTheToe said:
Like I could plan that far ahead. All those dates are still open and once a date is set, I can mark it off on my schedule.

Rave reviews on your Painting Seminar, Toe. Don't forget to sign up on my boards and drop me an email after you do so, please. :)

buzz said:
I was pretty close to running HERO this past Gameday, and have also been considering Burning Wheel or Buffy. When the next planning thread rolls around, I plan to add in a poll asking how interested people are in other systems.

I mean, besides Synnibar, of course.
What, no Synnibarr? What's a Chicago Gameday coming to?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads