• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday: Read about what you missed

How do I sign up for Voyage of the Damned? I don't see an e-mail contact for the GM.

Also, I'd like to repeat my offer to run an Epic Level game if the Miniatures game doesn't take.

Just say the word. Thanks.

Pbartender

First Post
Lord_Horzt_Bowsmen said:
How do I sign up for Voyage of the Damned? I don't see an e-mail contact for the GM.

Email for the message boards has been disabled by the management.

Anyway... Usually you simply post your interest for a particular game in the Gameday thread. Then, all you have to do is wait for the organizer, Buzz this time, to notice your post, and add you to the roster.

Your post above will probably suffice.

Great! Then yeah, "Voyage of the Damned" sounds good!

I would like to know if Buzz is okay with me running that Epic Level game if the Miniatures game gets cancelled. This is sounding like a lot of fun!

:cool:

If that's okay with him, I'll provide more details ASAP.

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
pogre: Good catch! The link has been fixed.

Lord_Horzt_Bowsmen: You have been added to Voyage of the Damned. Welcome aboard! As for your epic-level game, I do appreciate the offer to run a game. By participating in this Gameday, you'll be added to the mailing list, so you'll be told when we're recruiting GMs for the next Gameday.

omokage & Pbartender: If we don't see any more sign-ups for your games, why don't we just have the game with fewer signups join the one with more? Not that I have any problem being Pbartender's only player, if he's fine running it that way. :) There's also the possibility of walk-ins, of course.

William Ronald

Explorer
I suggested in the Chicago gamer seeking a group link in my sig that it might be a good idea to have some of the people on the boards looking for new groups to attend the Game Day and try to talk with each other over lunch. Is anyone interested?

Also, I noticed that we need to boost the sign ups a little. So, maybe each of the GM's can talk a little about the events and their games. For example, Reidzilla, tell us about Darwin's World? Will players need to have much knowledge of the game to play in your event? Why do you think players will enjoy your event?

Game masters, time for a little self-promotion! :)

uffizzi

First Post
Remove

Please remove me from the sign up list for the "Voyage of the Damned" game as I will be unable to attend Game Day. Thank you.

Reidzilla

Explorer
William Ronald said:
For example, Reidzilla, tell us about Darwin's World? Will players need to have much knowledge of the game to play in your event? Why do you think players will enjoy your event?

What is this all about?
The Road to Nowhere adventures are design to cater to players that are new to the post-apocalyptic setting of Darwin's World while still being fun for those of us who pine for the old school Gamma World days. The basic premise is that the characters will travel with a massive caravan consisting of merchants and explorers that is heading to the fabled desert of Nowhere (western Mid-West USA). Each adventure will deal with a threat or challenge that the caravan encounters. The caravan idea helps give the PC a reason to stick together and not eat each other. It all allows the campaign to move around to different locals each adventure without to much contrivance. ;)

What do I mean by post-apocalyptic setting?
The world as we know it have been destroyed in a great world. While limited Tactical Nuclear strike did occur, the majority of the damage was done by chemical and biological warfare. The introduction of genetically engineered viruses, further mutated by bio-toxic waste and radiation, caused what living things that survived the initial war to evolve rapidly. The mutations that endured became fully functional within only a few generations. Among Humans it created a vast population of gifted mutants that outnumbers pure humans 20 to 1. :eek:

Eeeuu! Why would I want to play in a world like that?!?!?
The Road to Nowhere adventures are not based on the tedious struggle to survive. Instead they focus on the heroic effort of exploration, discovery of forgotten technology, and making the world a better place by blowing away lots of bad monsters and evil Mutants!! The pay ain't bad either! :D

Do I get to keep my character and advance him like in a "Living" campaign?
Yes. Your first time at a Road to Nowhere adventure, you will pick from a variety of almost complete 5th level character templates. After adjusting and adding a few things, you'll be ready to play. To help prevent characters from becoming to “cookie cutter”, each template will only be used a few times, thus your PC will only be likely to meet 2 or 3 others that are very similar. After each game session, I will collect the Character sheets and save them. Whenever you join another Road to Nowhere adventure, you will get to advance your character while new player are finishing theirs’. :cool:

Finally, why do I think people will like to play my Darwin's World, Road to Nowhere event?
Because you get to explore an weird world of wonder; discovery of forgotten technology and ancient weapons of power; and you get to make the world a better place by blowing away lots of bad monsters and evil Mutants!! Cripes! What more could you want! :)

Last edited:

rowport

First Post
Buzz! I will snatch away in my hot little hands (eww...) the last open slot in your illustrious d20 modern game in the a.m. Unfortunately, I will not be able to make an afternoon session, but thems the breaks... I am looking forward to seeing everybody again!

PS - Painfully- I dig the new eTools 1.5.0, but you are right about the buggy templates- bummer. :\

buzz

Adventurer
uffizzi: Sorry to hear you can't make it. :( Come by next time!

rowport: Glad you could make it for at least half of Gameday! You've been added to my game. Rest assured, you'll be the first one to die. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads