log in or register to remove this ad

 

City of Tomorrow IC (DC/Blood of Heroes)


log in or register to remove this ad

jmucchiello

Adventurer
OOC: Does Turpin flash a badge? Or has Bubbles heard of him? Does Bubbles know what SCU stands for? Special Crimes Unit or Supers Crimes Unit? How many rounds at top speed will it take to get back to Star Labs? There were three or four rounds of pursuit before the crash IIRC.


"Something's going on at Star Labs, a break in. As I arrived, the jump ship scattered across 5th, 6th, and 7th fired guns at me and I pursued. After the crash, this guy fled the wreckage on this bike and I pursued again, after taking care of a few civs at the scene of the crash." Bubbles says. "I want to get back to Star Labs as I have no idea if he had accomplices or not. And no idea if the building is still under assault. Worst case, you can arrest him for attempted manslaughter since he attacked me with the guns on this bike and there must be camera footage of that from some security camera around here."

"I'll come down to the station shortly to give a statement but I really need to get back to Star Labs." Bubbles does hesitate a moment to see what Turpin says before rushing off.
 



hero4hire

First Post
OOC: Bubbles estimates she could make it back to STAR Labs in no time. There was a lot of turning and veering around city blocks chasing Thrilldevil. STAR Labs building is very distinctive and easy to "home in on" while flying above the city's skyline.
2 rounds to the rooftop. IC post to come
 

hero4hire

First Post
The Terrible Turpin's listens stonefaced as Bubble's relays the info. Going as far as lighting a cigar while she explains. "Okay Spandex..." he blows out a billowing cloud of greasy smoke. "I'll take this Yahoo into custody and meetcha back at STAR Labs with backup!" Then with cigar butt chomped between gritted teeth he hoists Thrilldevil up onto the hood of car belly first and begins to cuff him.
 

Blockade asks 0/g, "We should probably check out what's going on downstairs. Do you have anything to secure this guy with so he doesn't run off when he wakes up?"
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"Thanks Turpin," Bubbles says as she flies off for the Star Labs building.

OOC: She intends to circle the building once before landing on the roof. With her speed that shouldn't after the time it takes to land at the stairwell.
 

EarlyBird

First Post
"Me? No." Jacob stammers looking around. The noice from below had unnerved him a bit. Just when he thought the fighting was over it looks as if it is just about to start. "Cant you just," he gestures towards the railing in the stair well. "You know tie him up with that, like Supes does."

OOC: I did want to gadget this guy up, not all the way Batman style but a bit of gear, but he is to poor for that as of yet.
 

"I don't think I'm as strong as he is. Besides, I'd rather keep the property damage to a minimum. I guess I'll bring him along until I find something to restrain him with." Blockade starts down the stairs, bringing the unconscious Electrocutioner with him.
 

hero4hire

First Post
Bubbles flies above the buildings and sights STAR Labs uniquely shaped building and heads for it with a trail of buoyant energy spheres left in her wake. As she closes in she gives the structure a circle around before heading to the rooftop.

OOC: Bubbles make a Perception check.


Meanwhile, inside, superheroes' latest Odd Couple make their way down the stairs with Electrocutioner slung over Blockade's shoulder.
The Wrestler finds he must shrink back down to "normal" size to traverse the stairs and doorway safely.
Inside a spartan metallic hallway the heroes see several of STARLabs security laying about unconscious or otherwise incapacitated.
STAR Labs security


Finishing off a couple of guards is a massive cowboy weilding nunchukas. By his overly muscular build, he looks as if he overdosed on steroids....


...and a masked blond with a long braid reaching her waist. She dances through the last of the guards with lethal grace; like a ballerina with a blade.


Beyond the villains is a large vault door, the access panel taken off the wall, with exposed wires spliced together.


OOC: Initiative for Blockade and 0/Gs
 

EarlyBird

First Post
"Property damage?" 0/G's says with an odd note to his voice. He looks around at the cracks in the walls and ceiling.

"My dad is gonna kill me," he sighs quietly.

OOC: EDIT: INIT 1d10(3) +11 = 14
 
Last edited:


hero4hire

First Post
Bubbles doesn't spot anything unusual other than the roof access door that has been "hacked" and left open. The heroine lands on the rooftop. Suddenly, from his hidden location Brutale throws a volley of knives at the hapless heroine.

OOC: Ohhhboy. Bubbles doesn't quite make Brutale's stealth and is Surprised so she is -2cs to her OV.
He will use Critical Blow. Giving her +2cs to OV but a -3 to RV. So it is a net of +0 OV -3cs RV he rolls a...double ten!!! and then rerolls for a 9. His knives have Dart Bonus...so the total is 31 to hit. Fortunately Shifting starts at 11 so that is...6 shifts!!! With a Critical Blow that is -9 cs to her RV. Fortunately his EV for damage is crap. So that is 8 raps to Bubble's Body.
Bubbles may Last ditch defense but is Stunned and may take no Dice actions on the 1st phase of combat.

Bubbles can roll for initiative.
 




"Pin the cowboy," Blockade hissed to 0/g, before advancing on the girl, knowing that in the narrow hallway, she didn't really have anywhere to go. He reached for her, intending to slam her into the wall.
OOC: Throw attack, AV 7, EV 6: [roll0]

[sblock="Status"]Growth level: 2
Size: 1
Weight/Volume: 4
Strength: 6
RV vs. Physical: 9
OV vs. Physical: 4
Running: 1
Current Body: 3/7
Hero Points: 7[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

EarlyBird

First Post
"Cowboy?! More like a Cow-Ninny Boy if you ask me. Who brings nunchakus to a power fight?" 0/Gs smirks at the over-sized man and his tiny weapons.
 


Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top