Class Tiers and Character Builds in a Featless & Multiclassless game

CTurbo

Explorer
IMO, Monks benefit most from a featless game without multiclassing. Just max Dex and Wis and they're pretty much awesome. Toss that 5th ASI in Con

Barbarians, Paladins, and EK Fighters benefit a lot too.

Fighters get a lot of hate here, but with 2 extra ASIs, they can afford to bump Wis once or twice without suffering elsewhere. EK Fighters can have a good Int *IF* they want.

The one time I played in a game like this, I was a Tiefling Vengeance Paladin that ended up with 20 Str, Con, and Cha and he was a really powerful character. Same campaign had a 20 Dex, Con, and Cha Draconic Sorcerer, a 20 Str, Con, and Wis War Cleric, and a TWF/Archery Champion Fighter. I don't remember exactly what all his stats were, but I remember his "dump" stat was a 14.

Despite having no feats, we were an extremely solid party without any obvious noticeable weaknesses other than possibly group stealth. We were particularly strong in combat and social situations.

Looking back, I can see how much better we would have been had the Cleric been a better domain like Tempest for example and if the Fighter would have been a Battle Master.

Remove ads