Classic D&D of All Eras Back In Print

Print on Deman

Anyone else notice that WotC snuck a few titles up as Print-On-Demand at DMs Guild?

(I purchased three of them, both to support the initiative but also cos I cant help collecting hard copies of D&D material :) )

Saxon1974

Explorer
I honestly think that the only way to deal with maps is to find a PoD supplier (other than Lighting Source) that can ship Print on Demand posters and give people a separate "Buy the map" button.

The same applies to the other funky weirdness that TSR put into boxed sets. I don't think it is economical for DriveThru RPG to print one set of cards, one book and one poster and have them sent to a distribution centre, where a worker has to track all of them down and pack them into a Print on Demand box.

But if end customers really want to assemble products at their own end, they could pay to have several items shipped to them separately.

I personally think I can live with almost everything being squished down into a single hardback or softback book.

The one thing I would like to see sold separately is the poster maps. With separate poster maps, customers would have the ability to buy a larger map that was easier to read.

And I know that some "collectors" like cloth maps. If there was a company that sold those, it wouldn't be too hard to add an alternative option for people to buy posters.

I would pay for seperat map printing but the question is cost. Might prefer they just include the files to print myself...But maybe I could do that by just enlarging from the pdf. The point is to be able to get a nice copy for less cost than originals on eBay.

YawningWizard

First Post
Love the DM Guild!, but the pdf books, other than the core rule books, are pricey even at a discounted rate.

Edit: Jump to post #126 of this thread, I elaborate on this...

Last edited by a moderator:

Love the DM Guild!, but the pdf books, other than the core rule books, are pricey even at a discounted rate.
With a general price range of $10 to $15 USD, I must admit that I am not seeing that.

Accounting for inflation, that would be approximately $4.50 to $6.70 in the mid-1980s.

Edit: Corrected "interest" to "inflation".

darjr

I crit!
I'd heard that Chris Lindsay and you folks were looking for ways to better DMSGuild.

How about third party print on demand? I'd love a hard copy of Kobold Press Frozen Castle.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
This week's D&D release list.
Matt, if you don't mind me asking, how soon do you think it will be before you run out of back-catalogue material to release? There can only be somewhere around 300 releasable D&D items left unreleased, and dozens of those are various character sheets or screens. At the current rate, it seems as if the new PDF releases will start drying up in early 2018.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases