• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

cleave without the feat?

Slaved

First Post
A guy I know wants to be able to cleave but does not have two feats to spend to get there. Is there an item that grants it?

I saw a special weapon in the dmg but it is very limited in use.

Someone

Adventurer
Mighty cleaving won't work, it requires you to already have Cleave (and it allows you to make one extra cleaving per round)

Kae'Yoss

First Post
You could make your own item.

The general rule is 10.000 gp to emulate a feat. Since it has the Power Attack prereq, I'd say 20.000gp for an item that has the proper slot (I'd say something like bracer's, gloves, or a belt). In the wrong slot, it would be 30.000, and 40.000 for unslotted.

hong

WotC's bitch
I would change Mighty Cleaving so that it gives you the Cleave feat if you don't have it, or an extra Cleave attack if you do. Seems a bit weak to me RAW.

Aaron L

Hero
hong said:
I would change Mighty Cleaving so that it gives you the Cleave feat if you don't have it, or an extra Cleave attack if you do. Seems a bit weak to me RAW.

Plus, it breaks the stated design principle that they didn't want to make magic items that were magical for some people, but not for others, Thats why all Stat enhancing items are multiples of 2, so you always get a bonus. Making a magic item that only works if you have the proper feat seems to defeat this principle, as well as being weak.

I'm stealing this rule too, hong. Keep giving me more.

Darklone

I'm confused... did they change mighty cleaving from 3.0 to 3.5? I could have sworn it granted cleave to someone without the feat earlier...

The Sylvan blade does grant Cleave under certain circumstances IIRC.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Someone said:
Mighty cleaving won't work, it requires you to already have Cleave (and it allows you to make one extra cleaving per round)

That's a pretty astonishingly useless power then! I must have subconsciously decided to make it vaguely useful without realising it at some time in the past...

Remove ads