CLOSED! Rhun's Greyhawk ALPHA Game (ToEE)

Thanee

First Post
Dara

“You should have run while you still could...”

Dara swings her falchion around and attacks the closest enemy.

Insight

Adventurer
Manzanita said:
"Out of the way, Otto!" Two axe shouts, barreling forward. He will advance, and try to strike down a guard.

Otto turns, hearing the shout. "Very well, brute," he replies, "Better you than I to take their charge. I'll aid as best I can."

Otto lets Two Axe by, and steps back once the barbarian is past.

OOC: 5' step back, allowing Two Axe to have that space to himself. Draw a dagger to throw if possible.

Rhun

First Post
Combat, round 8

Combat, round 8

The first gnoll stikes at Ragnok with his axe, but the blade comes nowhere near the dour dwarf. The other two visible gnolls mingle about in the doorway, waiting for an opening to move through.

Otto turns, hearing the shout. "Very well, brute," he replies, "Better you than I to take their charge. I'll aid as best I can." OOtto lets Two Axe by, and steps back once the barbarian is past. Drawing a dagger to toss at the approaching guards, Otto loses grip on the weapon in his haste in it clatters to the ground not ten feet away from where he stands.

Verdis fires the crossbow at the lead guard. The quarrel is not centered properly in its track, though, and when the warlock clicks the trigger the missile flies completely off target.
Changed Verdis' target from gnoll to guard...Verdis can't see the gnolls, which are in the hallway to the south.

"Mercenaries? Ha!" Nodding to Otto, Coraine adopts a ready stance, crying "For the Invincible!"

"Out of the way, Otto!" Two axe shouts, barreling forward. He advances, and tries to strike down a guard, but the blade of his axe deflects off of his new foe's shield.

The guards stop short in their rush to engage Two Axe, swinging their morningstars with deadly force, but the skilled half-orc manages to avoid their strikes.

Seeing the enemy stopped to engage his companion, Coraine moves forward and swings ferociously at the nearest guard. Let the fountains of his blood make amends for his offense! His axe cuts through the guards chainmail, opening a wide gash across the man's stomach.

Marco moves further south, hoping to bolster his companions on that side of the fight. He raises his crossbow and send a bolt whizzing through the open door and into the hallway beyond. The bolt finds its target, sticking into the creature's shoulder.

“You should have run while you still could...” Dara swings her falchion around and attacks the closest enemy, but fails to draw blood against the wounded gnoll.

[sblock=For Dara]
From her position, Dara can see at least four gnolls in the room beyond.
size=1]This includes gnolls 'b' and 'c'.[/size]
[/sblock]

Ragnok's blade comes around from dropping the human guard, and cuts into the wounded gnoll, dropping him.

Initiative Count
I have to apologize for the horrible rolls here...invisible castle was not your friend this round. Of course, it was even less my friend.

Gnoll 'a' - attack vrs Ragnok 8 (failure)
Gnoll 'b' -
Gnoll 'c' -
Otto 16 - 5' step, attack vrs G7 9 (failure)
Verdis 15 - attack vrs G7 "1" (failure)
Coraine 7 - ready action: attack (moves to ic 6)
Two Axe 7 - move, attack vrs G7 16 (failure)
G6 6 - attack vrs Two Axe 11 (failure)
G7 6 - attack vrs Two Axe 7 (failure)
G8 6 - 5' step
G9 6 - move
Coraine 6 - move, attack vrs G6 18 (success), damage 6
Marco 5 - attack vrs gnoll 'a' 16, damage 5
Dara 4 - 5' step, attack vrs gnoll 'a' 8 (failure)
Ragnok 3 - attack vrs gnoll 'a' 19 (success), damage 7

PC Status
Ragnok 32/32,
Two Axe 23/28,
Otto 17/17
Verdis 8/8 (17/17), CON 7
Dara 20/24, shield 17r for AC21
Coraine 28/28, CON 14
Marco 11/11 (14/14), CON 8, shield of faith 28r for AC18

[sblock=Opponent Status - Players no look!]

R1 -8/34
R2 dead
R3 -9/27
R4 -7/27

G1 dead
G2 -5/9
G3 -3/9
G4 -8/9
G5 -6/9

G6 3/9
G7
G8
G9

ga -1/11
gb
gc
gd
bb1

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Two Axe is in his element here. He thrashes his axe around with apparent abandon, but actually with considerable skill, trying to cut down the guards so he can return and help against the gnolls.

OOC: Two attacks at +7 1d8+4;1d8+2

Insight

Adventurer
Otto looks forward and behind, wondering where he could be of most assistance. "Oh, dear," he says. "We seem to be running two fights at once. Not terribly sound strategy, I must say." He looks forward to Two-Axe, and the opponents beyond. Drawing a dagger, the halfling considered his own strategy.

OOC: How difficult would it be for Otto to throw a dagger at 9?

Scotley

Hero
Verdis

Cursing the crossbow, Verdis lets it fall and calls upon the more reliable magic. He targets the same foe with an eldritch blast. Verdis shouts to Otto his bravado covering mounting fear, "I had hoped that I was merely experiencing double vision from your wine, but I fear you are correct. I vote that in future we confine ourselves to one battle at a time."

OOC: [sblock]+6 Eldritch Blast Ranged Touch 2d6 20/x2 60' r (+1 to hit and damage within 30') Thanks for the correction, looks like I got my guards and gnolls backwards.[/sblock]

hafrogman

Adventurer
Marco purses his lips as he reloads his crossbow. The battle has not been going nearly as well as could have been hoped. His hands sweat slightly as he raises the weapon to fire once again, hoping for more good luck.

[sblock=ooc]MA: Reload
SA: Fire at one of the gnolls (preferably the grassy one) if he can get a clear shot. Move otherwise, trying to find an angle)

Attack -4 (+4, -4 into melee)

Um. . . just checking, as it might be important. Did you remember my augment healing feat when rolling the dice for Two Axe while I was away? (Ragnok got fully healed, but four extra for the axe might be important :) )[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
hafrogman said:
Um. . . just checking, as it might be important. Did you remember my augment healing feat when rolling the dice for Two Axe while I was away? (Ragnok got fully healed, but four extra for the axe might be important :) )[/sblock]

Nope, I didn't. I'll add the 4 extra points in now.

Thanee

First Post
Dara

Dara sidesteps towards the wall, right next to the door, while continuing her attacks with the falchion.

“Beware! There are more of these beasts inside the room.”

Remove ads