• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CLOSED! Rhun's Greyhawk OMEGA Game (ToEE)

Rhun

First Post
COMBAT - Round 1, COMPLETE

Zirat looks at the monk and starts to speak, when the door before you suddenly slams open with a loud, echoing boom. A large, muscular form stands in the doorway, towering three feet or more over Zirat and Merrick, and armored from head to toe in thick steel plate. "Be sneaking up on me, will you?" It bellows the question, and whips a massive axe through the air, toward the warriors at the group's fore.

Deren's eyes widen as they look up at the large brute standing over them. "Huge," he mutters as he quickly throws a dagger at the Ogre, "But it's not like we haven't killed any before." Although the dagger is on target, it richochets off the brute's armored form without doing harm.

Aeron moves up behind the warriors. "The Shining One is with us," he intones, as holy power flows into the companions.

The mighty ogre's axe cuts through the air from outside of Zirat and Merrick's reach, scoring a deep gash on the Champion's upper arm. The force of the blow staggers the warrior, and the blood flows freely from the wound.

"Not another one..." Shoon mutters. He presses himself against the wall to avoid the massive axe as he inches his way towards the door.

Surprised the champion struggles for air, that blow took out all the oxygen from his lungs. Focusing for a moment, Zirat plea for his god's help and wield his chain in a destructive arc. Unfortunately, the chain clanks off the ogre's armor, not even annoying the massive creature.

Sir Merrick thrusts straight back through the doorway with his keen polearm, the blade of his glaive almost as large as that of the ogre's axe. The ogre is obviously not prepared for the length of the knight's blade, and Merrick's glaive penetrates the heavy armor, cutting a wicked wound into the foeman's chest. Blood pours from the wound, and the ogre staggers, but still manages to maintain his footing.

Ciaran looks at the ogre with surprise. "That's a lot of armor," he muses, "It must be heavy." He wheels around and with a word, a red beam streaks from his fingertip to the ogre. Unfortunately, the beam strikes the stone wall and dissipates harmlessly.

Actions for Deren and Aeron?
Actions for everyone else? (And actually, Dogmoon and Dichotomy, why don't you post your PC's next round actions, as they'll be up again before the ogre.)

Initiative Count
19 - Deren: Dagger vrs ogre 20 (failure)
17 - Aeron: Move, cast bless
17 - Armored Ogre: Greataxe vrs Zirat 22 (success), damage 18
15 - Shoon: move to AK76
12 - Zirat: smite evil vrs ogre 20 (failure)
10 - Merrick: glaive vrs ogre "20" (threat), confirm "20" (critical), damage 33
05 - Ciaran: cast Ray of Enfeeblement vrs ogre 5 (failure)

PC Status
Zirat - HP: 22/40

-

Last edited:

Dichotomy

Explorer
Aeron moves up behind the warriors. "The Shining One is with us," he intones, as holy power flows into the companions.
[sblock=OOC]Move to AI-78; cast bless[/sblock]

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Deren's eyes widen as they look up at the large brute standing over them. "Huge," he mutters as he quickly throws a dagger at the Ogre, "But it's not like we haven't killed any before."

Note: Dagger +8 ranged 1d3+4 [within 30 feet +1/+1]

Don't know if you're considering him as being flat-footed or not, but just in case, +1d6 SA if he is.

Dire Lemming

First Post
"Not another one..." Shoon mutters. He presses himself against the wall to avoid the massive axe as he inches his way towards the door.

OOC: I'm having a bit of trouble picturing that last attack after seeing the map... Did he just swing his axe at Zirat on the far side of a four foot wide door? :confused:

More importantly, what squares does he actually threaten?

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Ciaran looks at the ogre with surprise. "That's a lot of armor," he muses, "It must be heavy."

He wheels around and with a word, a red beam streaks from his fingertip to the ogre.

(Move to AH76, cast Ray of Enfeeblement: 1d20+4=5, 1d6+2=7)

Unfortunately, the spell dissipates harmlessly.

ETA: Sorry! I forgot I'm not supposed to roll... (Too many games right now, I guess.) The roll of 1 I figure should be enough to remind me against that, in the future...

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Dire Lemming said:
OOC: I'm having a bit of trouble picturing that last attack after seeing the map... Did he just swing his axe at Zirat on the far side of a four foot wide door? :confused:

More importantly, what squares does he actually threaten?

Picture the door opening, and a big axe slashing straight out to strike Zirat. Merrick and Zirat are directly in front of the door, simply 5' back from it.

Because of the door, the ogre only threatens squares AK77, AK78, AJ77, and AK78. He can't attack on the diagnals because of the walls. Shoon could move to AK76 and be fine.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Rhun said:
Picture the door opening, and a big axe slashing straight out to strike Zirat. Merrick and Zirat are directly in front of the door, simply 5' back from it.

Because of the door, the ogre only threatens squares AK77, AK78, AJ77, and AK78. He can't attack on the diagnals because of the walls. Shoon could move to AK76 and be fine.

OOC: I can't see how he wouldn't get stuck in the door if he tried to swing it. I can picture the door opening and a big axe thrusting straight out at Zirat. Will that do? :p

I'll move to AvtomatKalashnikova76. See the lame joke I make?

Remove ads