Clubhouse: The Shearing Pen

ugulu

First Post
I'd rather go with dropping dragons entirely. Not using a Chaos Dragon's biggest edge is not good either - it's got it, may as well use it.

I guess for me it's like this: dragons, regardless of CR adjustment, are likely to win any ToC they enter. Given that assumption, the ToC can then be "best non-dragon champion" which would keep the outcome in doubt, rather than the current "which dragon wins?"

PJSlavner

Explorer
I agree that dragons are most likely to win in a TOC, and would like to remove them. I have tried throwing in non-dragons since the first dragon I entered to try to win with something else, and I have been getting slaughtered.

I have seen so many dragons recently in the ToC and TBoAA that I am getting sick of them. I was recently looking at a thread called something like "coolest monsters" and someone mentioned dragons. Six months ago, I might have agreed, but now I am thinking that dragons are anything but cool.

Gansk

Explorer
The problem with banning dragons is that it severely limits the choices of the non-good alignments going forward (in many cases they would have to forfeit because they have nothing but dragons).

There must be a CR adjustment that would balance the dragons against other creatures. If you think it is +2 instead of +1, we can start with that and see what happens. If we pitted the CR 3 champion (fang dragon wyrmling) against a CR 5 creature (unbodied or frostfell ghost, for example), who do you think would win?

Infiniti2000

First Post
I vote for banning all dragons with Force breath, increasing the CR of dragons with non-standard breath weapons by +2, and all other dragons by +1. By non-standard, I mean not one of the four energy types: fire, electricity, cold, and acid.

Force breath weapons are just stupid IMO.

ugulu

First Post
I don't think a blanket rule works - the Rust Dragon has a non-standard breath option, but competes with the White dragons for "most embarassing dragon."

Time helps - I'll sigh at the results of the ToC now instead of getting wound up by it.

Maybe only use dragons from the MM, and use them at +1 CR?

Gansk

Explorer
ugulu said:
I don't think a blanket rule works - the Rust Dragon has a non-standard breath option, but competes with the White dragons for "most embarassing dragon."

Maybe only use dragons from the MM, and use them at +1 CR?

That other rust dragon breath weapon doesn't count - they basically breathe acid.

But banning all Draconomicon (age dependent) dragons would get rid of the Chaos Dragons. :)

PJSlavner

Explorer
Gansk said:
That other rust dragon breath weapon doesn't count - they basically breathe acid.
Try telling that to Pakin, whose spiked chain fell prey to a localized form of the rust dragon's other breath weapon.

Mippadon

First Post
Hey everyone,

I've been lurking up in the stands for a couple of months now, and it's really enjoyable :D I had a question, though: is there any chance to see the rosters of the various teams? In particular, I'm curious how many critters Meineke has left until he meets the other general... or, is that knowledge kept secret by the critter wranglers?

Remove ads