• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cocktails

R_J_K75

Legend
I usually take my booze neat.
Im glad I did this experiment, pretty much re-enforced what I already knew. Im a simple guy, few shots and some beer; few Chivas Regal's on the rocks once in a while but yeah, I've decided involved mixed drinks aren't for me. Those Moscow Mules were good for the first 2, but after that just beat me over the head and my lips were numb from the ginger beer. Well. here I go, I have a 1PM date with the Sabre's game and some Pabst Blue Ribbon. I remember as a kid watching the games and you could tell the play-by-play announcers, specifically Jim Lorenz was getting ripped in press box, you could hear beer bottles getting kicked around in the background...

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Im glad I did this experiment, pretty much re-enforced what I already knew. Im a simple guy, few shots and some beer; few Chivas Regal's on the rocks once in a while but yeah, I've decided involved mixed drinks aren't for me. Those Moscow Mules were good for the first 2, but after that just beat me over the head and my lips were numb from the ginger beer. Well. here I go, I have a 1PM date with the Sabre's game and some Pabst Blue Ribbon. I remember as a kid watching the games and you could tell the play-by-play announcers, specifically Jim Lorenz was getting ripped in press box, you could hear beer bottles getting kicked around in the background...
The good ol days. My old man used to swig from the bottle and then every time say, "ish...thats good..."

R_J_K75

Legend
The cult of the Moscow Mule confuses me. But then, I also wonder why people drink Fireball instead of having spicy margaritas with home-infused tequila. (Which sounds way more complicated than it is -- slice up some fresh jalapeno, put them in a mason jar, cover with tequila, wait.)
It's funny how something will jog your memory, but this reminded me of the time my friend Dave almost burned down his house making a round of flaming Dr Peppers. I think they were Goldschlager and Dr Pepper set on fire, you tapped out the flame and shot them. Someone spilled theirs tapping it out and it went all over the bar, you get the point. It was probably the same person that brings a cup of water to a grease fire

R_J_K75

Legend
The good ol days. My old man used to swig from the bottle and then every time say, "ish...thats good..."
Someone left a Narragassett in my fridge last night, choking it down now, honestly not too bad. Popular in the 70s before my time, but dont think I've ever had it. Sure not something I'd actively buy, was always the bottom of the cooler beer, along with Piels and Black Label. Theres a bit Denis Leary did ICR if its off Lock N Load or on the DVD but not the CD, about old guys with the permanent whiskey face. They sit around dinking low budget drafts, doing bottom shelf shots and complaining about the Dodgers.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
Someone left a Narragassett in my fridge last night, choking it down now, honestly not too bad. Popular in the 70s before my time, but dont think I've ever had it. Sure not something I'd actively buy, was always the bottom of the cooler beer, along with Piels and Black Label. Theres a bit Denis Leary did ICR if its off Lock N Load or on the DVD but not the CD, about old guys with the permanent whiskey face. They sit around dinking low budget drafts, doing bottom shelf shots and complaining about the Dodgers.
I feel like 'gansett is a fine New England alternative to PBR or Budweiser; same basic category but maybe a little more flavorful. And it's what Quint drinks in Jaws!

R_J_K75

Legend
I feel like 'gansett is a fine New England alternative to PBR or Budweiser; same basic category but maybe a little more flavorful. And it's what Quint drinks in Jaws!
It was pretty good. There's a chain of stores around here called Consumers Beverages, they carry a lot of beer that you don't normally see in supermarkets, and that's probably where it came from. Problem is they are pretty expensive for even common beers so I rarely go there. Although there was a beer they used to carry called Elephant which I think was made by Becks. They were really strong and tasted good so worth the $20 a 12.pk. They were hard to find there as they only carried them once in a while.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
1698674130055.png

My friend used to bartend at a local dive on weekend afternoons and a few weekday evenings. I walked in on a Saturday afternoon after I stopped at McDonalds to grab a coffee. This liquor called Grind had just come out, he grabbed my coffee and poured a bunch of Grind in it and topped it off with a healthy portion of Baileys Irish Cream. It was really good. After a few of those, between the coffee, the Grind and the Baileys I was pretty amped up and ready to roll.

Back when I used to drink coffee, tossing a bunch of liqueurs in it was how I rolled (at least on the weekends).

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
Back when I used to drink coffee, tossing a bunch of liqueurs in it was how I rolled (at least on the weekends).
Coffee I used to like Coole Swan (like Bailey's but nicer, IMO) for; still might occasionally as a dessert. But as I generally drink my coffee black nowadays, that's less appealing than it used to be. A tot of whiskey can be good, though.

Remove ads