Collected Core Handbook Errata

pemerton

Legend
mach1.9pants said:
@Pemerton, fair enough but I am 100% happy with my interpretation, even though it makes errata!
Anyway another vote here for sticky:)
I tried my analysis in another thread and my first reply was Mouseferatu telling me I'm wrong. But I'm still not 100% persuaded.

pemerton said:
I tried my analysis in another thread and my first reply was Mouseferatu telling me I'm wrong. But I'm still not 100% persuaded.
I agree with MF but he is only quasi-official:p so you are well within your rights to stick to your guns!

Underage AOLer

First Post
Zsig said:
PHB p.45, under "Physical Qualities", last line:

"Halflings have life spans comperable to humans."

Noted.

I am also trying to make the post more readable by underlining headings, italicizing powers, and other stuff... does it help? or am I just too particular for my own good?

Underage AOLer said:
I am also trying to make the post more readable by underlining headings, italicizing powers, and other stuff... does it help? or am I just too particular for my own good?
Using bold, italics and (especially) underlining helps IMO. An idea might be to give a key to each type of text i.e. underlined means incorrect wording or somesuch.

Underage AOLer

First Post
mach1.9pants said:
Using bold, italics and (especially) underlining helps IMO. An idea might be to give a key to each type of text i.e. underlined means incorrect wording or somesuch.

I went with underline to highlight the errors, italics around powers/feats, and 's around headings.

I think it looks nice.

Not sure if this requires errata or not, but it could--and it definitely needs some clarification, in either case.

Page 25, PHB, it says that you cannot learn Abyssal or Supernal as a 1st-level character. Does this apply even to people who take the Linguist feat, or does it refer only to those languages you automatically gain at 1st level? (Some races, such as humans and halflings, gain "Common plus one other.")

It seems to me that, once you've gone through the "expense" of the feat, you should have the option of taking those languages, since they won't break anything at 1st that they wouldn't at 2nd. (And since I'm pretty sure the point of the 1st-level restriction is to make sure you have to spend a feat to gain those languages.) But by a RAW reading, that's not what it says; the strictest interpretation would have it that, if you buy the Linguist feat at 1st level, you still can't learn 'em.

Simon Marks

First Post
Straight out error, but a minor one...

"Paragon Tier adventurers ... are able to use magic rings" - Page 146, DMG.
Nothing anywhere else mentions anything like this. I assume it's been left in from when Heroic tier characters couldn't use rings.

Remove ads