Combining Tyranny of Dragons; Red Hand of Doom and Storm King's Thunder

Dax Doomslayer

Adventurer
Thanks jayoungr. I've actually bookmarked those to look at them. They are more concentrated on improving those adventures vs. 'combining' but still have some good information. I appreciate the response!!

hastur_nz

First Post
I think you need one Primary adventure / book for your campaign, then maybe include some extra set pieces from others. There's just way too much material for levels 1-10, and too many conflicting plots, to try and actually combine two or more of these campaigns.

Personally, I've been a player in RHoD, and am DM'ing SKT....

RHoD has enough going on, to be the whole campaign, it doesn't need additional side-quests or whatever; using 5e I'd guess it's going to be around levels 3-9? and convert pretty easily.

SKT can easily be added to, especially for levels 1-7, but personally I've enjoyed just adding additional materials for levels 2-4, then around 6-7, making the overall campaign plot a bit more logical and engaging than written (IMO). So I've used old adventures (B5), little bits from PotA, a little Adventurer's League set piece, and so on. But I'm still running SKT, with add-ons.

Once your primary campaign is over, you might want to consider extending it beyond the published levels, but personally I keep that stuff as a note in the margin, I don't waste time planning too far ahead. For example, in SKT, I have a vague plan to continue using bits of a 4e book, then a 4e Adventure Path, but until we get near the end of SKT, and discuss as a group if we really want to push on towards 20th level, it's just a sketch in my notes - we won't be anywhere near that decision point for a few months yet.

Dax Doomslayer

Adventurer
That's a good suggestion Sadras. I was thinking of running these concurrently to add to the 'urgency' etc. I like the idea of the ritual components. The issue with those threads - which have some great information is that there's so much and the organization does make it a little tough (though the indexing by robus definitely helps but SKT doesn't have it. Thanks for the reply!!

Remove ads