Coming in May: Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes! [UPDATED!]

So they just gave the title and showed the cover mock-ups; no specific info till Monday?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
You easily could be aware of most any news or fact in the world. Whether it reaches you is not a measure of your diligence. What was the 6th episode of s9 of Only Fools & Horses? You *could* be aware of that.

We're discussing reach here, not research diligence. They're different things.
Nobody was putting a moral spin on it, it has nothing to do with "diligence," and the reach is to users of D&D Beyond: i.e., the player base. They gave exclusive interviews to a business partner to add value to the partners product. So what?

GarrettKP

Explorer
Conversations evolve. I later brought up reach.

I don't really know what that means. Sure, if you like. Not really what the conversation was about. It's starting to smell a bit culty in here. Do you guys want me to say "Yay! WotC's marketing strategy is the bestest of them all!"?

If that will make you feel good, then sure, it is. The bestest. Of them all. Does that feel nice?

I don’t care what you think of their marketing strategy. Someone in the comments implied that people were claiming to know what’s in the book with no information to back those claims, and someone pointed out where we are getting that information. That’s all.

Its not about being blindly loyal to WotC. It’s about us explaining why we were able to (correctly) guess at the general topics being covered in the book before it was announced (a Planar Bestiary was a common guess). I don’t really understand why you felt the need to revert to claiming we are “culty” when all we have done is try to show that our guesses on content have something backing them.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Conversations evolve. I later brought up reach.

I don't really know what that means. Sure, if you like. Not really what the conversation was about. It's starting to smell a bit culty in here. Do you guys want me to say "Yay! WotC's marketing strategy is the bestest of them all!"?

If that will make you feel good, then sure, it is. The bestest. Of them all. Does that feel nice?

Jeez, dude. All I said was that that the hints didn't hit the news sites. It's not controversial.
Sure, the hints didn't hit the news sites: they were, however, actively discussed on forums, Reddit, and other social media. So WotC didn't get solid info on news sites until they wanted to: so what?

darjr

I crit!
Ya know the fact they were going to leak Friday was one of this bread crumbs on one of those obscure twitch broadcasts. It has lead to all of this buzz.

darjr

I crit!
I only knew because you told me!

Yup :)

But maybe that’s the point? I must admit I’m the only one I know locally that really pays attention to them. I even subscribed Friday.

That phat loot hand out is enticing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

Remove ads