• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Coming in May: Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes! [UPDATED!]

So they just gave the title and showed the cover mock-ups; no specific info till Monday?

And more stuff from D&D Beyond's "The Drow in D&D's 'Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes'"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgP6JnWh4Ig&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=ZUdZr-eoQQh2baXX-6

Among other things, there will be high CR stat blocks for drow matron mothers, arachnomancers, favored consorts, and inquisitors. I was hoping to see stat blocks like these, and, while not entirely unexpected, I'm glad to see them confirmed.

Also, I love the drow society/"I, Claudius" comparison made in the video. I never thought of that before, but it's really an apt comparison and will inform how I run drow in the future!

E

Elderbrain

And more stuff from D&D Beyond's "The Drow in D&D's 'Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes'"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgP6JnWh4Ig&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=ZUdZr-eoQQh2baXX-6

Among other things, there will be high CR stat blocks for drow matron mothers, arachnomancers, favored consorts, and inquisitors. I was hoping to see stat blocks like these, and, while not entirely unexpected, I'm glad to see them confirmed.

Also, I love the drow society/"I, Claudius" comparison made in the video. I never thought of that before, but it's really an apt comparison and will inform how I run drow in the future!

Everybody should watch the video; one thing I found interesting is the idea that certain elves blessed by Correlon have the ability to change their gender after (I believe) a short rest. Drow sometimes receive this blessing as well, but because Drow society has such strict gender-role rules such as blessing is viewed as an abomination.

So we are going to get a preview of two monsters today in a battle between them on twitch. The Monsters appear to be (Going by the art.) a Sibriex and the ex Archdevil Moloch.

Edit: this will take place in two hours 8 minutes at the time of this edit.

Last edited by a moderator:

So we are going to get a preview of two monsters today in a battle between them on twitch. The Monsters appear to be (Going by the art.) a Sibriex and the ex Archdevil Moloch.

Edit: this will take place in two hours 8 minutes at the time of this edit.

Someone should start a new thread just for this, since they will be doing these battles every Monday for the next 7 weeks, til the book releases.

E

Elderbrain

So has it posted yet? And if so, what should I type in at twitch to get to the video?

So has it posted yet? And if so, what should I type in at twitch to get to the video?

It was supposed to go from 7 to 8pm eastern time, so it was only half over when you posted. It should have been finished for a little bit by now. Whenever I want to look at the stuff on Twitch, I just go the the official page there for the game: dnd

I already had an account before WotC started doing all this stuff on Twitch, so I do not know if you need an account there to view the videos/streams or not.

That was fun to watch, even if they did run fast and loose with the rules.

They mentioned at the end that Moloch is CR 21 and the sibriex is CR 18 (well, one is CR 21 and one is CR 18, but since the sibriex had allies, it's obvious it has the lower CR).

Can't wait to see what new monsters will battle for us next week!

That was fun to watch, even if they did run fast and loose with the rules.

They mentioned at the end that Moloch is CR 21 and the sibriex is CR 18 (well, one is CR 21 and one is CR 18, but since the sibriex had allies, it's obvious it has the lower CR).

Can't wait to see what new monsters will battle for us next week!

Moloch was also nerfed.

Remove ads

Remove ads