Compiled list of 4e FR infos

Jack99

Adventurer
Out of curiosity, anything on Talos? I've heard that Talos just doesn't seem to exist, as if they forgot about him.

He isn't listed anywhere that I have seen in the book. Maybe under a new name? I haven't touched FR since 2e, so my realms-lore is a bit shaky.. Didn't he have an alias or something, at some point?

EDIT: Weird. No god has neither Storms or Destruction as sphere. So not replaced per say I guess.

Last edited:

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
Nope, was always Talos. Great power, at that.

Also, its seems all the Drow gods except Lolth are now dead. I guess non-evil Drow were getting in the way of Drizzt's angscapades.

Derren

Hero
Apparently the book says that Talos always was just an alias for a other deity (Gruumsh I think). But there is much discussion about this so I am not sure.

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
Apparently the book says that Talos always was just an alias for Gruumsh (or a other deity, not sure). But there is much discussion about this so I am not sure.

Well, the retcons were already in full bloom, so we'll see just how far they go.

I didn't even like the Realms, but...jeez. They didn't deserve this. It's like Wizards is purposefully trying to get rid of ANYTHING that would remind you of pre-4e FR.

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
Nope, was always Talos. Great power, at that.

Also, its seems all the Drow gods except Lolth are now dead. I guess non-evil Drow were getting in the way of Drizzt's angscapades.

They were removed because loads of people screamed about the proliferation of non-evil drow. Not that this will change anything. As you´ve shown, everything Wotc does with the Drow is seen by some as "just furthering Driizzt as a novel character."

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
They were removed because loads of people screamed about the proliferation of non-evil drow. Not that this will change anything. As you´ve shown, everything Wotc does with the Drow is seen by some as "just furthering Driizzt as a novel character."

The problem is that ALL non-Lolth drow deities are now gone, and it happened while Eilistraee was taking them down to gain her own power to challenge Lolth. I mean, I guess they could make the story of Eilistraee taking the other drow gods down one at a time to gather her power, leaving only a titanic battle between her and Lolth, only to just die against Lolth like some random schmuck (For who knows why. Maybe there is a reason other then "Drizzt would no longer be special." If so, clue me in, because getting rid of such great potential for conflict makes no sense) but that would be...

...Well, actually, that would be rather in line with most of the other FR changes. Huh.

Remove ads