• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Complete Champion excerpts

I didn't see anyone discussing this yet: http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20070504a&page=2

In particular, the touch of healing reserve feat. "Heal 3 points of damage per level of the highest-level healing spell you have available to cast." Is it really that good? It only requires that you can cast 2nd level spells.

Oh, and there's also spiritual counter, which lets you use turn undead uses to counterspell. I'm happy, since I already made that for War of the Burning Sky.

Erywin

First Post
WOW, my Archivist/Dread Necro will definately pick up that Healing reserve feat!! No more need of wands of CLW :D

Voadam

Legend
RangerWickett said:
I didn't see anyone discussing this yet: http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20070504a&page=2

In particular, the touch of healing reserve feat. "Heal 3 points of damage per level of the highest-level healing spell you have available to cast." Is it really that good? It only requires that you can cast 2nd level spells.

Infinite full heals between combats for a feat and a cure light wounds spell.

Go full out all day without having to stop for the healers to get back their spells. Now you can adventure through a dungeon without one of the big reasons to stop and camp.

Bout time.

Klaus

First Post
RangerWickett said:

Oh, and there's also spiritual counter, which lets you use turn undead uses to counterspell. I'm happy, since I already made that for War of the Burning Sky.
Touch of Healing ensures that the party will always start a fight at full hp. If you have a 3rd-level healing spell prepared, you can heal 9 hp per touch, so it only takes one minute of rest to heal 90 hit points (and at 5th level, 90 hp will heal up pretty much the entire party).

Remathilis

Legend
Doesn't seem so bad (and granted, we don't have the text).

Spell Level....HealTouch....CureSpell...CureSpell+AugHeal
1st..................3............ 2-13...........4-15
2nd.................6.............5-26............9-32
3rd..................9.............8-39..........14-45
4th.................12...........11-52..........19-60

It will be great to heal everyone after a battle, but after getting clubbed by a giant black dragon, 12 points doesn't seem so much (equal to a CLW).

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
Well, I don't know anything beyond the feat, but I can say that my group would HATE it. We already have a dragon shaman who is very happy with his "I can heal the group up to 50% no problem!". He'd be a little peeved if there were a cleric who could, with the price of one feat, heal the group to full. (and since our warlock got geeked last session and is coming back with a cleric, that's a possibility).

Holy Warrior seems interesting, despite the typo - I assume the prerequisites are "Cast 4th level spells, access to the war domain" and the benefit is "Gain bonus on weapon damage rolls"? Cuz that one seems sort of neat.

w_earle_wheeler

First Post
Wow... if I allow this feat in my game, I might as well just get rid of all healing spells and assume character regenerate 3-12 per 6 seconds between fights.

Which might not be too bad if I use a Vitality/Wound system, where Wound damage can only be healed with intensive surgery and bed rest.

Remove ads