• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Complete Champion excerpts

Azgulor

Adventurer
el-remmen said:
Great! Limitless healing!

Now all we need are for a few more feats along these lines in order to remove all need to think ahead or deal with adversity! :p

Amen, brother. You can't even call this power "creep". This is just out-n-out powergaming - and unfortunately reinforces the "D&D is becoming more like a video game" argument.

Azgulor

Azgulor

Adventurer
Kae'Yoss said:
It makes planning harder, though: You can't know beforehand how much HP they will have left when they enter the fights. If they had some bad luck, they might be a lot more hurt than you had anticipated before.

Plus, I don't call it a proper fight unless the fighter could be taken down from full to negative during the encounter :p

Oh, and of course, the feat can only help you with the healing if you have ample time. 15 HP/level healing for one character per round sounds like a lot, sure, but it won't help if you lose 10 hp per char per round :]

Doesn't "adventuring" by definition imply risk ? If my players knew they could go into every encounter at full HP by any reason other than planning, superior skill, or resting, they'd drop the game like a hot potato. There are already too many sources of healing in the game, IMO.

Azgulor

Azgulor

Adventurer
Razz said:
I doubt the feat is "limitless healing". I'm sure you could only heal a character a certain amount of hp per day or you can only heal a creature with it once per day or some other such limitation.

Also, if you're reading this WotC, can you PLEASE stop making prestige classes that're rooted in something campaign specific!?

How the heck am I supposed to alter the Mythic Exemplar prestige class to fit in the Forgotten Realms? Is there a Realms-adaptation for it or something? Please make prestige classes more generic in flavor and less campaign-specific. Maybe I don't want to introduce the Disciples of Legend in my Realms game, there's a hell of a lot of organizations established in the Realms as it is.

Everything I've read about Prestige Classes in WotC books state that the purpose of Prestige Classes is to provide campaign-specific flavor that the generic core classes don't. The Prestige Class glut resulted from publishers not following this guideline. WotC actually does what it suggests to everyone else and you want them to stop? :confused:

To each his own, but put me in the friendly oppostion camp.

Azgulor

Aus_Snow

First Post
Well, now.

If I thought reserve feats were broken beforehand. . .

And I did, actually. . .

No, never mind. Another book [for me] to avoid, methinks. :\

Felix

Explorer
For some reason, I really really like that both the Paladin and the Bard, possibly the two most diametrically opposed base classes in terms of flavor and function, have on their spell lists:

Moral Facade: Divination spells give a false alignment reading.

I think that's keen!

MoogleEmpMog

First Post
Nothing like spending a feat to patch the grandfathered-in nonsense of the system. :(

I'll stick with the trivial expense of cure light wounds wands (and walking on campaigns where the GM actually expects per day balance to matter, of course), thanks.

FWIW, I've never seen a second level party without a cure light wounds wand, except in a no-spellcasting campaign where the balance was explicitly per encounter.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Azgulor said:
Amen, brother. You can't even call this power "creep". This is just out-n-out powergaming - and unfortunately reinforces the "D&D is becoming more like a video game" argument.
Most modern videogames have resource management.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Azgulor said:
Doesn't "adventuring" by definition imply risk ?

I wasn't talking about adventuring. I was talking about game mastering.

There's a difference between fighting the big dragon on full strength and entering the fight hanging on by a thread.

theemrys

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Most modern videogames have resource management.

True, but many also have a large number of items to find as well as allowing you to "rest" often and renew resources... regardless of "practicality". Just my opinion of course and I'll be the first to admit I don't play many videogames. (NWN being the big one)

theemrys

First Post
MoogleEmpMog said:
FWIW, I've never seen a second level party without a cure light wounds wand, except in a no-spellcasting campaign where the balance was explicitly per encounter.

Interesting. I've never played in a game where one was used... and I've played in quite a few games.

In the end, it just wasn't our style.

Remove ads