D&D 5E Complete Random Character Generator (2.0)

Quartz

Hero
I've just tried this and it's not giving max HP for first level. Hitpoints are consistently 2 short for fighters and paladins and 1 short for wizards.

I have been away for ever with RL issues. This thing has gone off like wild fire thanks to the efforts of many. Absolutely awesome work by all involved.
I hope to get back under the hood a bit and see where improvements have been made.

Beltazar

Villager
Fixed Max. HP at level one

I've just tried this and it's not giving max HP for first level. Hitpoints are consistently 2 short for fighters and paladins and 1 short for wizards.

Simple fix....
Math!C23 "=RANDBETWEEN(3,C22)"

**EDIT**
Not so simple. Only works for level 1. :p

Don't worry, I'll figure it out!

Last edited:

Quartz

Hero
It's fixed this time.

Working on making sure stats don't exceed 20. This rarely happens, but at higher levels it could happen.

The Barbarian's stats can reach 24 in some cases, and appropriate magic items can increase the stat maximum by +2, so a Barbarian could legitimately have a stat of 26. And that's not considering the epic boons.

Beltazar

Villager
The Barbarian's stats can reach 24 in some cases, and appropriate magic items can increase the stat maximum by +2, so a Barbarian could legitimately have a stat of 26. And that's not considering the epic boons.

I could be wrong, but I don't think your primary stats can exceed 20. The PHB, pg. 15, states,"You can't increase an ability score over 20." With magic you could exceed 20, but not by normal means.

Quartz

Hero
I could be wrong, but I don't think your primary stats can exceed 20. The PHB, pg. 15, states,"You can't increase an ability score over 20." With magic you could exceed 20, but not by normal means.

The Barbarian adds +4 to two stats at level 20 and the maximum for those stats is raised to 24. Certain magic items - Librams, Tomes, etc - increase a stat by +2 and allow the maximum to be raised by +2. Epic boons replace the limit of 20 with a limit of 30.

Beltazar

Villager
You're right

You're right. Barbarian's STR and CON can go to 24 at level 20. It's hard to catch every rule, not to mention implementing them! We still have some work to do, but the spreadsheet is coming along.

I'll see what I can do.

Remove ads