• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Confessions of a Full-Time Wizard 2: Monogamy

Vysirez

First Post
I didnt like it quite as much as the first one, though it was still ok. I thought the concept of D&D groups as a relationship was kinda funny, but it felt a bit much by the end of the article.

So middling review but I'm definitely interested in reading future articles.

KoshPWNZYou

First Post
Nifft said:
Ding ding ding! Gentlemen, you're probably not the target audience. Nor am I.

And that's okay.

Cheers, -- N

Hm.

So, where is the latest Ecology article? I want to know if Nagathas murder elves for pleasure and eat boar for breakfast ... or if it's the other way around.

Teemu

Hero
Like other posters, I didn't like this one as much as I did the first column, but I still appreciate the "mainstream" feel of it. :)

Gloombunny

First Post
I guess the reason I didn't like it is that the whole thing is predicated on this weird idea that playing with multiple groups is something unusual and undesirable, and it never really explained why that should be.

Oh well. I'm still interested to see the next one.

Kintara

First Post
hectorse said:
So Shelly Mazzanoble has put out a new article, and I really like it.

Someone over the wizards boards explained really well
"She sounds like a normal, intelligent, well-adjusted woman, unlike many gaming women I've encountered over the years. Such as Ms. "I'm just doing this because my boyfriend does it" or Ms. "Not only do I game, but I'm also a bisexual wiccan reiki master" or Ms. "My real life is a complete disaster so I find happiness vicariously through the exploits of my character" (and her cousin, Ms. "I can't get a date to save my life but my character is a sex-kitten who treats men like a cat treats a mouse, toying with it then devouring it")."
I think it's funny that I can I can basically take that list and make it about guys instead, and it makes sense (even taking boyfriend literally). I mean those bisexual wiccan reiki masters (or something similarly "New Agey") are just as often weird* guys, in my experience. Not that I'm criticizing, just noting.

*Or not-weird, which is almost as weird. ;)

Clavis

First Post
hectorse said:
So Shelly Mazzanoble has put out a new article, and I really like it.

Someone over the wizards boards explained really well

She sounds like a normal, intelligent, well-adjusted woman, unlike many gaming women I've encountered over the years. Such as Ms. "I'm just doing this because my boyfriend does it" or Ms. "Not only do I game, but I'm also a bisexual wiccan reiki master" or Ms. "My real life is a complete disaster so I find happiness vicariously through the exploits of my character" (and her cousin, Ms. "I can't get a date to save my life but my character is a sex-kitten who treats men like a cat treats a mouse, toying with it then devouring it").

Of course, some of us LIKE having "bisexual wiccan reiki master" girls in our games.
And sometimes in our beds.
Just saying.

Remove ads