• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Confessions of a Full-Time Wizard 2: Monogamy

The Merciful

First Post
Nifft said:
Ding ding ding! Gentlemen, you're probably not the target audience. Nor am I.
I wonder how many of the target audience gets to see an article buried in the WotC website that you need to log on to see it. Especially when the site is so wonky I myself can't log on my existing account. Really, I'd like to have few words about accessibility with someone over there.

I liked the first columns of hear a bit better, but I liked them both.
The second one might suffer a bit from the fact that I don't really have an experience with having multiple groups at the same time (but I wouldn't really worry about it, because it could mean I could use my homebrew adventures twice!), and that in our group, there is no single steady DM - each week, another DM continues his campaign. (Sucks a bit in the "what was this adventure all about again?"-department, but it's nice for everyone getting a lot of time playing. (It might be just D&D, but I think preparing adventures is sometimes too much work.) )

Well, I actually liked it...

I actually liked this article! It made me laugh because the same thing happened to me...

I don't roleplay as much as I did 10-15 years ago... My current party consists of my wife, my best friend, his wife and me... we play in average 3 times a month on friday nights, and our sessions last 2-3 hours (a far cry from the all-nighter marathons of my youth).

Imagine my feelings when my best friend tells me he is DMing for another party on Saturdays! I really felt cheated! He was roleplaying twice a week, and I couldn't!
...not like I had any reason to feel that way, Saturdays are my "spend time with my kids"-day, and I wouldn't change that for the world.

So yeah, I could totally relate.

erf_beto

First Post
I'm afraid I'm minority here, but I loved the article! :cool:
She's got good writing skills (even people who didn't like the article recognize that), I could certainly relate to it (having first introduced a lot of people to RPGs, it was very frustrating to know they were gaming with other groups... I know I should have been proud of myself, but heck, they were gaming more than me! :( ), and she reminds me of the (now defunct) Gilmore Girls show, wich I loved. :lol:

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
I haven't read the article, and I wouldn't for my life read it.

It represents everything that is wrong about WotC and 4e, and clearly points to the fact that they are way out of the loop with gamers of my generation. Or any generation, actually.

I mean, who cares about mahogany in D&D? :D

/M

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Maggan said:
I haven't read the article, and I wouldn't for my life read it.

Thus rendering any possible opinion you have based upon it, such as WoTC being out if touch with your generation, null and void.

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
WayneLigon said:
Thus rendering any possible opinion you have based upon it, such as WoTC being out if touch with your generation, null and void.

Yeah, well, it seems my feeble punch line passed you by, even with my smiley! :D

But it's ok. Twas a feeble joke, I confess.

/M

Merlin the Tuna

First Post
WayneLigon said:
How could they possibly be more out of touch with him than if he didn't read their stuff?

Remove ads