• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Conquest of Bloodsworn Vale [IC]

Boddynock

First Post
"The eagle's a friend."

"Not from the Fort ... but I'm a local. Thought I'd come along and see what you fellows are planning in the Vale."

"Safe enough if you don't do anything stupid."

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Aelish Karn (Human Male Herald) HP: 33

Aelish shakes his head understanding. "Fair enough. How would you, as a local, define stupid in these parts, and do you know much about the lay of the land in the Vale?"

Boddynock

First Post
"Stupid? Invade the lair of a wild boar. Wander around with no regard to the direction of sun or stars. Chop down trees and draw the wrath of the local druid."

Azgulor

Adventurer
Upon arriving at the front of the caravan and hearing the exchange between the scout and the rider, Aldur growls "Obvious, meet Oblivious. Oblivious, meet Obvious." Turning to the others gathered around the newcomer, he yells"Now if we can get going, we can stop burning daylight!"

s@squ@tch

First Post
Percivilis and Jerivan

Percivilis was discussing the merits of a strong monarch with some of the merchants guards when he noticed the caravan come to a halt. His interest peaked, he bid his new friends a momentary good-bye while he swiveled his head to beckon Jerivan to follow him.

The two trot gracefully forward on their large warhorses -- Percivilis, being slightly taller, heavier, and a few more years etched onto his otherworldly good-looking face, and Jerivan, a more brash youth, clad in shining plate armor, who shows much more skill in the saddle than his older friend, although he may be Percivilis's junior, his mere glance towards you feels you with a small amount of awe.

"Ho there, stranger, it is a pleasure to meet you, may Iomedae bless you this fine day." Percivilis says quite genuinely,"To what do we owe this pause in our travels?"
[sblock=OOC]
I envision Percivilis as one who possesses a quite powerful personal magnetism and personality. (to go along with his "favored-soul" type of background and very high diplomacy/sense motive abilities) He will mostly likely end up as the party face, unless someone else has better skills.

Since Percivilis does not know Shandul as a friend or foe, would diplomacy/sense motive checks be appropriate? (Diplomacy +14, Sense Motive +9)

Jerivan will also non-chalantly use detect evil on the stranger.

[/sblock]

ethandrew

First Post
With the influx of excitement swirling through the air, the constant chatter of thoughts penetrating his mind comes to an overwhelming crescendo. Closing his eyes tightly, Besik grits his teeth, trying to shut them out. There are times when he wished he had never unlocked the secret to read other's minds.

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Aelish Karn (Human Male Herald) HP: 33

Aelish smiles at the woodsman's comments. "Yes, that makes a lot of sense." As the rest of the members of the group gather. He points to each member in order and says "This is our boisterous Aldur, a veteran from Clan Rulmklin. This is Percivilis of Iomedae and his dedicated squire Jerivan. This is Gesik the Sagely and I am Aelish."

"How familiar are you with the Vale, its topography and landmarks, and possibly the whereabouts of the nearest boar's lair?"

[OOC:
During this trip I would have been spending and inordinate amount of time talking to people (Info Gathering as well as Sense Motive) to get a good feel for their motives for this trip. I would be looking for anyone that might be trouble (running from the law or going to cause trouble) or might be a good ally. I most likely ended up with the adventures that is our group. I would also be looking for what noble families, churches, and merchant guilds are present.

I would also pay close attention to what languages are spoken and by whom which may be a indicator for 'other' things. I am also curious about any knowledge I have of the Vale.
]

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
The fellow with the eagle remains silent a moment later, then offers his name as if throwing a pebble into a still pond. "Shandul Endathar."

He lapses into silence again. After a moment or two longer he adds, "I'm from round these parts. I know the Vale as well as anybody you'd want to meet."

He turns to Percivilis and says, "The road's blocked. They," nodding to the merchants, "are arguing about what to do." He shrugs as if it's obvious.

Azgulor

Adventurer
Aldur mutters, Gods' blood," before striding over to the merchants. Addressing the group as a whole, he growls "Are you taking the route he," jerking his thumb over his shoulder at the newcomer, "suggests or are we cutting through the tree? Or are you discussing the best place to relieve yourselves?"

The dwarf folds his arms across his chest, the blue rune tattoos prominently displayed on his muscled arms, and impatiently awaits an answer from the merchants.

Remove ads