• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Creatures from Other Campaign Settings

Cleon

Legend
The "drow" feels superfluous, but I can live with it if it is important to you.

It is, although I consider "Jiathuli's Spider-Destrier" an equally fine alternative. :)

Updating Working Draft.

If we use the Full Warhorse's physical stats, its ability scores come to...

Abilities: Str 20, Dex 13, Con 17, Int 4, Wis 13, Cha 6.

That would require a +8 natural armour to match the original's AC 2, so I I suggest increasing the Dexterity to 17 (the standard for Large Monstrous Spiders and Phase Spiders) and lowering the Constitution a bit.

Jiathuli's Spider-Destrier: Str 20, Dex 17, Con 15, Int 4, Wis 13, Cha 6, +6 natural armor.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Suggested abilities and NA sound fine.

I like base speed 30 ft, climb 30 ft, but I'm not sure these should get wallwalking. I don't see evidence in the original monster that they should be better at climbing than regular monstrous spiders. Still, I might reconsider later.

On the poison, have we used slowing as damage before?

Cleon

Legend
Suggested abilities and NA sound fine.

I like base speed 30 ft, climb 30 ft, but I'm not sure these should get wallwalking. I don't see evidence in the original monster that they should be better at climbing than regular monstrous spiders. Still, I might reconsider later.

Updating Working Draft.

I'll leave out Wallwalking for the time being.

What about the idea of calling them "Jiathuli's Spider-Destrier"?

On the poison, have we used slowing as damage before?

I believe so.

Cleon

Legend
I added the bite and hoof damage. I also changed the Attack line to "hoof or bite", since I thought it made sense to allow it to bite as a standard attack.

Remove ads