Converting Epic Level Creatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Agreed to native outsider.

I also like full casting, as he sounds precisely like a sorcerer (except for spells per day). As for the spell list, we can fill it with core spells (I see a few there already anyway) and put in a sidebar about using the other books.

I do agree that fiery eyes should be a unique Su or SLA.

Oddly, there's nothing about what he does with the captured spirits the Ochimo bring him. Maybe Echohawk can find us something about that.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Alright, you guys have sold me on sorcerous casting.

Perhaps we can use the dragon approach and state that he can also select shugenja spells as arcane spells known?

freyar

Ahh, are shugenjas divine casters or just have a different spell list? I really miss out by not having some of these books, and now the stupid PDF debacle means I'm not likely to get them. Well, maybe there'll be Pathfinder versions! :D

Anyway, agreed to allowing shugenja spells, though I guess we may need a sidebar about the noncore spells.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Yeah, shugenja are elemental-focused divine spellcasters, while wu jen are elemental-focused arcane spellcasters.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Stick with 18 HD or follow the "divide by 4.5" rule to get 22 HD?

Base his ability scores off a typical human sorcerer, adding the +1 to one ability score per 4 HD?

freyar

22 HD works better, since he seems epic enough.

I think he should be pretty exceptional. So something a bit better, at least on mental scores. Maybe Con, too, since he's lived so long. ;)

Shade

Monster Junkie
Sure. We can assume he's read some of the tomes that grant inherent bonuses over his long lifespan. We can also outfit him with stat-boosting items and spells.

So how about...

Base Stats (using elite array):
Str 8, Dex 12, Con 13, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 15

After 5 ability score increases based on levels...
Str 8, Dex 12, Con 15, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 18

And assuming to have read books of Cha (+5), Int (+4), and Con (+3)...
Str 8, Dex 12, Con 18, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 23

Look OK?

freyar

Good for a start! Let's see about getting him some items, too, though. His mental stats should be up closer to the solar/balor/pit fiend level, don't you think? I guess maybe not quite so intelligent, but Cha should bump a couple more points, and maybe Wis too.

Shade

Monster Junkie
He could have read a Wis book, too, if you'd like.

Cloak of Charisma +6, periapt of Wisdom +4, bracers of armor +8, ring of elemental command (air?)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases