Converting "generic setting" second edition monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Or....

Here's what an earth genasi gets:

+1 racial bonus on saving throws against all earth spells and effects. This bonus increases by +1 for every five class levels the genasi attains.

Aspect of BOZ

First Post
actually, that's perfect. :) that's from MoF, or RoF?

here's the dragonet again:

STONE DRAGONET
Rockseer elves know the secret to crafting a magical construct called a stone dragonet. A rockseer must be 11th level or higher and have the Craft Construct feat. A stone dragonet resembles an incredibly intricate, slender stone statue of a dragon, though it moves as if perfectly articulated. A dragonet is one foot long, plus an additional 9-12 inches of tail, with extraordinary gems for eyes.

A rockseer elf with the Improved Familiar feat and Rockseer Magic feat can take a stone dragonet as a familiar upon reaching 7th level. A wizard with a stone dragonet as a familiar gains a +2 bonus on Armor Class and cannot be caught flat-footed.

Stone dragonet: Tiny construct; HD 2d10; hp 11; Init +3; Spd 20 ft. (4 squares), climb 20 ft.; AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 19; Base Atk +1; Grp -7; Atk +1 melee (1d3, claw); Full Atk +1 melee (1d3, claw) and +4 melee (1d4, bite); Space/Reach 2 1/2 ft./0 ft.; SA brilliant glare; SQ construct traits, darkvision 60 ft, immunity to earth magic, low-light vision, spell resistance 16; AL N; SV Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +0; Str 10, Dex 17, Con ---, Int ---, Wis 11, Cha 1.

Brilliant Glare (Su): Once per day, a stone dragonet can release a blast from its gem-eyes, targeting one creature within 60 feet. The target must succeed on a DC 11 Fortitude save or become sickened for X rounds. If the target has less than X hit points, it is also panicked for 1d4 rounds. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Immunity to Earth Magic (Ex): A stone dragonet is immune to the harmful effects of any spell with the earth descriptor.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Definitely RoF, possibly MoF.

Lookin' good. For brilliant glare, how about 2d4 rounds for sickened condition? Also, how about less than 5 HD for panicked (not hit points...oops)?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
OK, updating again in homebrews. let me know if i missed anything. there are still a few italicized bits that i wasn't sure about.

Mortis

First Post
Creatures that succeed on a Reflex save take half damage. Also, living creatures caught in the cloud on the first round must succeed on a Fortitude save or become permanently? blinded by the acid.

Would/could permanently blinded mean the destruction of the eyes? If so would this mean that you would regeneration as a cure rather than remove blindness?

Either way I have no problem with the effect being permanent. (It does require two failed saving thows.)

Regards
Mortis

Shade

Monster Junkie
I suppose we'll need construction costs for the stone dragonet.

Prereqs should probably be eyebite and stone shape.

Aspect of BOZ

First Post
Mortis said:
Would/could permanently blinded mean the destruction of the eyes? If so would this mean that you would regeneration as a cure rather than remove blindness?

Either way I have no problem with the effect being permanent. (It does require two failed saving thows.)

no, i wouldn't want to see the eyes permanently destroyed. what monsters/spells cause blindness that doesn't go away naturally? i mean effects that cause a blindness that requires magical healing to restore sight. do those say permanenly blinded, or do they just say blinded, and the assumption is that you need remove blindness or something to restore sight?

Shade said:
I suppose we'll need construction costs for the stone dragonet.

Prereqs should probably be eyebite and stone shape.

sounds good. want to have a golem-style construction section? i would make it really brief though.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Aspect of BOZ said:
sounds good. want to have a golem-style construction section? i would make it really brief though.

We probably should, although those are painful to figure out. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads