Converting monsters from First Edition modules

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Shade said:
As for the caster level, I'd like to see it rather low, as this is an "entry-level" golem. The minimum caster level it can be is 5th, since Craft Construct requires Craft Magic Arms and Armor, which has a prereq of caster level 5th. It would be nice if we could come up with some alternate spells that aren't as high-level. Maybe poison or stinking cloud, lesser geas and animate objects?

sounds like a good way to go. anyone have any further ideas?

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
BOZ said:
homebrews forum, in the other sticky thread. :)

so are you gonna post these in the thread and update them taht way or do we have to toggle between each? I prefer it if you post in this thread so i don't have to open another window to look at it while you update.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
any more ideas on values for construction? or should we go with shade's ideas?

Shade

Monster Junkie
BOZ said:
I11 – Needle
Chak
Tin Man

I was looking at this module today, and noticed the following weren't listed:
Chomper (to the purple worm what the iron man is to the iron golem)
Glommer (is this the girallon?)
Roc, Moon

Have these appeared somewhere else?

Last edited:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
as far as the construction goes, i think i want to keep the same spells for the iron man as the iron golem. it's already been established that someone can cast the spells for you (i think, right?) i think the caster level should be more like 6th or 7th. as for the GP and XP costs... any ideas?

Shade

Monster Junkie
I do not have any of these modules, but I found the following monsters in an onlne index of 1E modules. I figured I'd post 'em in cast you missed them, BOZ.

C5 - Bane of Llywelyn
Viper Vines

DQ1 - The Shattered Statue
Awtawmatawyn

I4 - Oasis of the White Palm
Aeraldoth (vizier to Caliph of the Djinn)
Pasha of the Efreet (Vizier of the Fire Sultan)
Symbayan
Thune Dervish

Shade

Monster Junkie
BOZ said:
and the contruction costs? :D

Alright, alright. :rolleyes:

CL 6th; Craft Construct, cloudkill, geas/quest, limited wish, polymorph any object, caster must be at least 16th level; Price 25,000 gp; Cost 15,000 gp + 900 XP.

Does that seem reasonable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads