Converting monsters from First Edition modules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Monster Junkie
10 rounds sounds good for the ammo.

We could make the DCs higher for the larger ones due to a bigger "payload" being delivered. :)

Shade

Monster Junkie
BOZ said:
how would that be accomplished? :)

Just saying so should suffice. If you wanna get fancy, you could include a statement that "larger darts deliver a larger dose of the gas, thereby increasing its save DC" or something. :)

Aspect of BOZ

First Post
UK4 said:
If the bozorg rolls over a prone victim, it will cause 1-4 hit points of crushing damage each round until it moves on, or is flipped over.

UK4 said:
If the bozorg is turned over, it cannot move and its underside (AC 9) is exposed. It during combat, a character scores a hit, having previously stated an intention to try to turn the monster over, the chance of doing so is shown below (note that no damage is done to the bozorg during the attempt):
4' bozorg - bend bars percentage
8' bozorg - bend bars -10%
12' bozorg - bend bars -20%

should we give it a flipping-over vulnerability?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Aspect of BOZ said:
should we give it a flipping-over vulnerability?

I'd rather not...turtles (which probably inspired the vulnerability) and other similar creatures don't have a game mechanic for this type of vulnerabilty.

If anything, I'd give them a penalty on opposed rolls to avoid being tripped.

Mortis

First Post
Shade what would the result of them being tripped be? There's no way, IMHO, that they could self-right. (I'm now thinking of the TV series Robot Wars :) were after the first series most 'bots had a self-righting mechanism)

Aspect of BOZ said:
initiated from a grapple perhaps?
I would say so. ;)

Regards
Mortis

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads