Converting Monsters from Polyhedron Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
Maybe we should do this as a standard monster. It's pointless to make it a template if they're not going to retain class abilities, and I can't really see this work for non-humanoids.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Maybe we should do this as a standard monster. It's pointless to make it a template if they're not going to retain class abilities, and I can't really see this work for non-humanoids.

Good point. It was clearly intended for humans and demihumans, which don't make for a wide variety of zombies.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I'm convinced. Small and Medium also sounds fair, and I still think we should work from the sample zombies in the SRD.

Shade

Monster Junkie
OK, then looking at the human commoner zombie...

Str 12, Dex 8, Con —, Int —, Wis 10, Cha 1

Int is supposed to be "average" and Cha sounds halfway decent, so maybe...

Str 12, Dex 8, Con —, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 14?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Got 'em started in Homebrews.

Let's decide what to retain from traditional zombies...

• It looks like single actions only is out, since they have two claw attacks.
  • Damage reduction 5/slashing?
  • Can't run?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
The strength should be a lot higher than 12; the original description said it was 18/50.
Good point. According to the conversion book, 18/50 is the upper end of 19. Want to go with that or with 20?

DR sounds right, and so does can't run. Any other way to slow these down? Maybe can't take AoOs without giving up a standard action? (The way I read the zombie single action only, it forbids that unless they give up their usual turn.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads