• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Oriental Adventures creatures

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
1d3 minutes is a bit better but still possibly overpowered. How about 1d12 rounds?

By the way, HD should be 8d8+16=52 hp, I believe.

Cleon

Legend
1d3 minutes is a bit better but still possibly overpowered. How about 1d12 rounds?

How about keeping it 1d3 minutes but making it Charisma-based (since it's supernatural) so the DC is lower?

By the way, HD should be 8d8+16=52 hp, I believe.

You're right there.

I'm wondering whether we should add a "2H Ax" option to the attacks for if it loses one of its weapons, e.g. "Battleaxe +9/+4 melee (1d8+4/x3) and battleaxe +9 melee (1d8+2/x3) and bite +7 melee (pain); or battleaxe +13/+8 melee (1d8+6/x3) and bite +7 melee (pain); or 2 claws +12 melee (1d6+4) and bite +7 melee (pain)".

On reflection it seems unnecessary, since it says they prefer double-wielding.

freyar

I guess that would work. So it doesn't affect you often, but it's a doozy when it does.

I'd hope the DM can figure out that they'll go two-handed if disarmed. ;)

Cleon

Legend
I guess that would work. So it doesn't affect you often, but it's a doozy when it does.

Are we agreed then?:

Pain (Su):
Any creature bitten by a cave kala must succeed on a DC 14 Fort save or suffer wracking pains that impose a –4 penalty on attack rolls, skill checks, and ability checks for x rounds. The save DC isCharisma-based.

I'd hope the DM can figure out that they'll go two-handed if disarmed. ;)

Well we're not all geniuses, you know. :blush:

freyar

Agreed! And 1d3 minute duration.

For some reason, your post reminds me of a brilliant web ad that WotC had back in the 3.5 days. It showed a guy staring at a computer screen and said, "If you're going to sit in your basement pretending to be an elf, you might as well invite some friends." :lol:

Cleon

Legend
Agreed! And 1d3 minute duration.

For some reason, your post reminds me of a brilliant web ad that WotC had back in the 3.5 days. It showed a guy staring at a computer screen and said, "If you're going to sit in your basement pretending to be an elf, you might as well invite some friends." :lol:

Don't know what you're talking about, I sit in my front room pretending to be an elf. Why, we don't even have a basement. :p

Shade

Monster Junkie
With our recent blizzard, I've been pretending to be a white dragon for the icewalking!

Updated.

I'm not sure where the 11 hp came from, but it's fixed. :eek::blush:

CR 6?

A cave kala stands x feet tall and weighs 200 pounds.

Cleon

Legend
With our recent blizzard, I've been pretending to be a white dragon for the icewalking!

Updated.

I'm not sure where the 11 hp came from, but it's fixed. :eek::blush:

CR 6?

They look more like a Challenge Rating 5 to me.

A cave kala stands x feet tall and weighs 200 pounds.

The MC6 version says Earth Kala are the smaller species, but they are both listed as being 6 feet tall, so use the same height with a greater weight?

We made the Earth Kala 6 feet and 200 pounds, so 6 feet and 250 pounds for the Cave Kala?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads