• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting prehistoric animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Should eryops be aquatic with amphibious ability (since it is an amphibian, after all)?
Sounds right to me, too.

demiurge or RavinRay, any thoughts on whether Paracyclotosaurus should be a different creature?

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Hm. Give it a better Swim speed, worse land speed, and the suction feeding as per the Dinichthys conversion. Suction feeding is a good ability; giving it another HD and/or boosting Str and Con a bit should bump it up to CR 3.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Hm. Give it a better Swim speed, worse land speed, and the suction feeding as per the Dinichthys conversion. Suction feeding is a good ability; giving it another HD and/or boosting Str and Con a bit should bump it up to CR 3.

Sounds good. Jump to Large as well?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Going Large probably makes sense. Could just bump Str and Con per usual advancement rules if that's in line with CR 3.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
I wouldn't increase the size. Paracyclotosaurus was six to eight feet long--on the big size of Medium, but still Medium.

Of course, Large would make it scarier and the suction feeding more useful... so I can see the appeal for game purposes.

Shade

Monster Junkie
I wouldn't increase the size. Paracyclotosaurus was six to eight feet long--on the big size of Medium, but still Medium.

Of course, Large would make it scarier and the suction feeding more useful... so I can see the appeal for game purposes.

Let's go Medium and allow advancement to Large.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads