• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Psionic Creatures

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
So I guess the question is whether we want to devote any feats to powers. Are there any other feats that this should really have? I'm not terribly familiar with the psionic feats, but I'd imagine some of the metapsionic ones would be useful.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Besides the 3 Expaned Knowledge feats I recommended earlier, Overchannel is nice (take 1d8 points of damage to increase your effective manifester level by one), especially when combined with Talented (When manifesting a power of 3rd level or lower, you do not take damage from overchanneling). Alternatively, Psionic Endowment (expend your psionic focus and add 1 to the save DC of a power you manifest) is nice.

freyar

Shade said:
Besides the 3 Expaned Knowledge feats I recommended earlier, Overchannel is nice (take 1d8 points of damage to increase your effective manifester level by one), especially when combined with Talented (When manifesting a power of 3rd level or lower, you do not take damage from overchanneling).

Let's go with those 5.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Skills: 15

Put all ranks in Concentration?

16 feet tall?

Organization: Solitary or stand (2-6)?

Challenge Rating: 7?

Treasure: None?

Alignment: Always neutral?

Advancement: 13-24 HD (Huge); 25-36 HD (Gargantuan)?

freyar

Think so! Now I just need a good excuse to get into an illithid enclave in the underdark. Well, if it feeds neothelids, maybe just near an illithid enclave...

Shade

Monster Junkie
Shroomy reminded me of languages in the other thread. Should these things at least understand Undercommon? Maybe communicate telepathically?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Telepathy is usually "any creature that has a language". How about short-range telepathy (60 feet?) and "understands Undercommon but cannot speak"?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads