Converting True Dragons

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
That looks good for 4th level. I could go for 300 ft telepathy.

5th: break enchantment, dispel law, fire shield (D), greater command, mass cure light wounds, mass inflict light wounds, scrying, true seeing ??

Cleon

Adventurer
That looks good for 4th level. I could go for 300 ft telepathy.

Updating Pearl the Moon Dragon Working Draft.

5th: break enchantment, dispel law, fire shield (D), greater command, mass cure light wounds, mass inflict light wounds, scrying, true seeing ??

Hmm… I'm not sure about fire shield. She's already immune to cold and fire damage so it just does a bit of energy damage, which isn't terribly useful at her CR. How about the Trickery domain's false vision instead?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Sure, false vision will be fine.

6th: animate objects, forbiddance, geas/quest, harm, heal, mass eagle's splendor, mislead (D)
Not sure what I think about all of these, but the 6th level choices are somehow not too inspiring. We could swap out something for blade barrier, though.

Cleon

Adventurer
Sure, false vision will be fine.

Updating Pearl the Moon Dragon Working Draft.

You know I'm having second thoughts about the 5th level mass cure/inflict wounds spells although I guess 1d8+20 healing is not to be sneered at that amount is barely a tickle to a CR-appropriate threat (if they're that fragile she'd have just breath weapon'd them out of existence). So maybe raise dead/slay living make more sense if we want to stick to the "theme"?

6th: animate objects, forbiddance, geas/quest, harm, heal, mass eagle's splendor, mislead (D)
Not sure what I think about all of these, but the 6th level choices are somehow not too inspiring. We could swap out something for blade barrier, though.

I'd swap blade barrier for geas/quest since it seems the most situational, although I considered mass eagle's splendor as an alternative I believe Pearl often hangs with a coterie of dragons who might appreciate that spell.

Actually, how about undeath to death instead of harm if you want to do something interesting? Pearl can easily do 150 hit points of damage at touch range via many other means, including plain old natural weapons. I'd also consider heroes' feast instead of animate objects. She can only animate 20 HD of animated objects, such as a CR 7 Gargantuan and a CR 3 one, although I guess at least those are better than the 6th-level list options from summon monster VI. I think we'd better leave her with a heal spell though.

So either:

6th: animate objects, blade barrier, forbiddance, heal, mass eagle's splendor, misleadᴰ, undeath to death;

or:

6th: blade barrier, forbiddance, heal, heroes' feast, mass eagle's splendor, misleadᴰ, undeath to death;

Note there's no limitation on what creatures can participate in a heroes' feast. I liked the idea of Pearl sitting around a giant table eating, drinking and gossiping with her "girl pal" dragons. :cool:

Advertisement2

Advertisement4