Converting True Dragons

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I can see what you're saying, Cleon. I guess I'd only go with Shapechanger if we really want a subtype.

Those domains are fair enough.

I'd thought about -8 also but worried it would be too much, too. But if no one objects... :devil:

Cleon

Legend
I can see what you're saying, Cleon. I guess I'd only go with Shapechanger if we really want a subtype.

Those domains are fair enough.

I'd thought about -8 also but worried it would be too much, too. But if no one objects... :devil:

Well we can make it -4 or -6 just as easily, although I think a Gullibility Special Quality would work better... :angel:

Shade

Monster Junkie
I'm fine with -8, and, not suprisingly, wouldn't like a separate SQ for a single racial penalty. ;)

Cleon's domains appeal.

Updated.

We still need CRs, LAs, and tactics.

Cleon

Legend
I'm fine with -8, and, not suprisingly, wouldn't like a separate SQ for a single racial penalty. ;)

Ha! I knew you'd fall for the Gullibility Special Quality. :lol:

Cleon's domains appeal.

Updated.

We still need CRs, LAs, and tactics.

Well, they may have the size and HD similar to a Red or Silver but they aren't terribly tough physically. I think we'd be best off giving them a similar CR to a Blue or Bronze dragon:

Blue/Bronze: Wyrmling 3; very young 5; young 7; juvenile 9; young adult 12; adult 15; mature adult 17; old 19; very old 20; ancient 22; wyrm 23; great wyrm 25

I think the wyrmling deserves to be a bit tougher, since it's one size larger and has an extra HD to a wyrmling Blue. The size jumps at Very Young, Young Adult, Old and Great Wyrm ought to correspond to a larger CR jump too.

How's this?

Challenge Ratings: Wyrmling 4; very young 6; young 7; juvenile 9; young adult 12; adult 14; mature adult 16; old 19; very old 20; ancient 22; wyrm 23; great wyrm 25

Cleon

Legend
I think so. Wanna write 'em up?

Hmm, how's this for a start.

Mustard dragons are usually peaceful towards humans but frequently attack other humanoid races on sight. They tend to open combat with their blinding breath weapon then resort to spells, fangs and claw. If the don't master their opponents quickly, a mustard dragon may use its disease breath weapon and withdraw, planning to return later when their foes have been weakened by their second breath weapon's mustard rot curse.

Remove ads