Cookin again

Zardnaar

Legend
That sounds a lot like the Argentinian stuff I’ve tried.

Still kinda full.

IMG_20210815_171624.jpg

Do you get boysenberry ice cream in USA with real fruit pulp?

Zardnaar

Legend
Here’s a little basic info on chimichurri sauces. The two here are similar, but have differences. And I’d say the one at my aforementioned local fusion place is on the thinner side, heavier on the citrus or vinegar than the one the dude giving the grilling lesson made.

Meet Chimichurri, The Magical Sauce That Makes Everything Delicious

Looks familiar. Today's one was a bit darker. Never even heard of it until now. I'll watch it later watching something else with the boss.

I know Argentina has been famous for beef since at least the war years.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Still kinda full.

View attachment 142205

Do you get boysenberry ice cream in USA with real fruit pulp?
Not commonly, but I’ve had it a couple times in restaurants that make their own. It’s been years since the last time.

There’s a few ice cream & gelato places around here that get pretty adventurous and have constantly changing flavors. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them do it too. But I’ve never seen it in those places.

Zardnaar

Legend
Not commonly, but I’ve had it a couple times in restaurants that make their own. It’s been years since the last time.

There’s a few ice cream & gelato places around here that get pretty adventurous and have constantly changing flavors. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them do it too. But I’ve never seen it in those places.

It's like our default here.

17:10 mark fairly typical dairy. Dairy=corner store. Normally you get a cone with a large blob on it. 20 odd flavours.

The speciality places have things like plum or gelato. You can also get the factory ones prepackaged.

Yoghurts similar has fruit pulp in it.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I know where I can get ice cream, gelato, and frozen custards and frozen yogurt- often with DIY toppings & sold by weight- but precious few places serve just good quality NON-frozen yogurt desserts. That’s usually something reserved for home.

My usual mix for yogurt is pecans and/or almonds with something like honey, agave nectar, maple syrup or fruit preserves. Sometimes, if I have trail mix on hand, I’ll mix THAT in with no other additives- the mix of seeds, nuts and dried fruits is plenty sweet enough.

Zardnaar

Legend
Yoghurt here typically isn't frozen. Mostly it's .Ade out of fruit pulp. I have around half a gallon in the fridge for breakfast and lunch.

Better ice cream shot 7:50 mark. Has various NZ classic flavours.

Goody gumdrops, orange chocolate chip, chocolate mint, hokey pokey, gold rush and boysenberry.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
We’ve been eating the freezer down. Yesterday, it was beef stew served with toasted, buttered ciabatta rolls.

Tonight, we had toasted, buttered ciabatta rolls again, but THIS time, topped with pulled pork with oyster dressing and a drizzle of mayo. Got enough of that for at least one more meal.

Also thawed some shrimp scampi casserole and some mirliton- a type of squash- sautee with butter, cubed ham, and all kinds of herbs and seasonings.

Essentially, we’re having creole thanksgiving leftovers in mid-August.
😁

Remove ads