• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cookin again

Zardnaar

Legend
Pavlova. Server IP dessert. Pavlovas an NZ/Australia thing. Kinda like a meringue these ones are soft though.

IMG_20221116_181635.jpg

Zardnaar

Legend
No stuffing?
We do not have thanksgiving here (not in US), but we do have turkey with stuffing at Christmas, which I look forward to ofc.

We normally do a Christmas bbq breakfast, dinner is a variety of food by gen X and younger tends to bring salads while in laws do ham, roast lamb, and chicken.

Christmas is summer here though. Not a stuffing fan.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
No stuffing?
We do not have thanksgiving here (not in US), but we do have turkey with stuffing at Christmas, which I look forward to ofc.
That wasn’t everything we had, but it’s all I could photograph before people started arriving and EATING.

Not pictured: ground beef & hot sausage dressing; duck; collard & mustard greens; rice; a sauté of zucchini, tomatoes, onions & Parmesan cheese; corn macque choux, beef pot roast.

It was mostly family, but my cousin brought along a new friend (and her 2 young adult kids) who had just moved to town a few months ago. The younger of the kids was autistic, and he spent a good portion of the evening sitting apart fr9m most of the other attendees (his choice).

However, it was still pretty clear eve he enjoyed himself, and he completely ensorcelled our dog, who was loving on him all night long. They played actual fetch together quite a bit, which is extremely unusual for her- she prefers keep away,

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Heretic here. Turkey I don't get it?
Done right, turkey can be as tasty and enjoyable as any other poultry.

I use a steaming technique to do mine, which results in a nice, juicy bird. But that wasn’t an op this year, so we gor a fried one from our local favorite creole place.

That wasn’t everything we had, but it’s all I could photograph before people started arriving and EATING.

Not pictured: ground beef & hot sausage dressing; duck; collard & mustard greens; rice; a sauté of zucchini, tomatoes, onions & Parmesan cheese; corn macque choux, beef pot roast.
Sounds fantastic. I should really upload some photos when we have big do's.

It was mostly family, but my cousin brought along a new friend (and her 2 young adult kids) who had just moved to town a few months ago. The younger of the kids was autistic, and he spent a good portion of the evening sitting apart fr9m most of the other attendees (his choice).

However, it was still pretty clear eve he enjoyed himself, and he completely ensorcelled our dog, who was loving on him all night long. They played actual fetch together quite a bit, which is extremely unusual for her- she prefers keep away,
I never had any experience with anyone autistic before. ADD and ADHD yes but not with anyone who has autism.
Animals are just amazing in general and are great healers IMO - so I'm not surprised by the connection, but it is still good to bare witness to it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads