Cookin again

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Friday night fry up using the air fryer. Pies can be done in the air fryer but used the oven.

View attachment 268560

Front one is half a potato top pie (beef and potato) the back one is Bacon and Egg.
The air fryer was one of our great discoveries during the pandemic. I blush to think of how much I've spent on appetizers over the years where the restaurants were clearly just tossing frozen meals from the grocery store (or their restaurant distributor subsidiary) into an air fryer.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
The air fryer was one of our great discoveries during the pandemic. I blush to think of how much I've spent on appetizers over the years where the restaurants were clearly just tossing frozen meals from the grocery store (or their restaurant distributor subsidiary) into a deep fryer.

And adding a dollip of sauce.

Went to one place and ibtgink one of their desserts was a microwaved supermarket pudding. It was cheap but still.

Vael

Legend
I'm planning my Xmas bakes, my tradional gifts to friends is a box of homemade sweets. This year the plan is:

• Cranberry and Pistachio Biscotti, drizzled with white chocolate
  • Homemade marshmallows
  • Baklava

And one more tbd, likely macarons.

Anyway marshmallows done and trayed, got to cut and dust them tomorrow

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Mom's Christmas cookies and candies waiting for the family party to start for Christmas Eve. And I was in charge of the roast beast again this year (it was a bit bigger than we needed... but that means lots of leftovers).

PXL_20221224_184157809.jpgPXL_20221225_012516462.jpg

Last edited:

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
We have a pork shoulder slow-roasting in the oven. We'll roast some green beans to go along, later.

Zardnaar

Legend
Table last night.

IMG_20221225_181957.jpg

IMG_20221225_181959.jpg

My favorite chicken apricot Moroccan salad.
IMG_20221225_181953.jpg

Didn't eat that much. Didn't really like most if the "traditional" dishes (roast lamb, vegetables etc)

Remove ads