Cookin again

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Mediterranean/Mexican works too.

I could definitely see having falafel with queso and pico de Gallo, no question.

And a good tabouli would KILL on fajitas! After all, fajitas are not that far removed from shishkabobs, when you really think about it.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Tonight, I made Cherry Blitz, a very simple dessert:

INGREDIENTS:

1 box of yellow, white, or lemon cake mix (like Duncan Hines, Betty Crocker, etc.)

2 sticks of butter, one salted, one unsalted

3 cans of fruit pie filling

1tsp almond extract

2tsp vanilla extract

A splash of milk

Nuts (I prefer pecans or almonds)

Optional: honey, maple syrup, agave nectar or similar fluid sweetener; cinnamon

INSTRUCTIONS
1) Melt butter, then add your extracts.

2) Blend the cake mix into the butter, adding just enough milk as needed to get a smooth batter

3) Dump pie filling into ungreased baking pan large enough to hold the filling in a single or double layer.

4) Pour batter in thin layer over pie filling

5) Cover batter layer liberally with nuts

6) Optional: depending on the fillings and flavors you’re working with, drizzling the top with honey or something similar can add a nice touch. Certain pie fillings also pair well with additional seasonings, like adding a dusting of cinnamon to the batter if you’re working with apple pie filling.

Bake at 350degF for 25-35 minutes, or until the batter turns a nice golden brown with a few darker spots. The pictured one is slightly undercooked, so it didn’t crisp up quite enough, remaining more cakey. A little undercooked doesn’t doesn’t negatively affect the flavor, though.

The one pictured above is cherry with a lemon batter topping and pecans- no optional additives were used.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
Mediterranean/Mexican works too.

I could definitely see having falafel with queso and pico de Gallo, no question.

And a good tabouli would KILL on fajitas! After all, fajitas are not that far removed from shishkabobs, when you really think about it.

Some dishes are very similar.

Good thing about NZ you get the American and UK legacies. Lack of good Mexican though.

Zardnaar

Legend
Tonight, I made Cherry Blitz, a very simple dessert:

INGREDIENTS:

1 box of yellow, white, or lemon cake mix (like Duncan Hines, Betty Crocker, etc.)

2 sticks of butter, one salted, one unsalted

3 cans of fruit pie filling

1tsp almond extract

2tsp vanilla extract

A splash of milk

Nuts (I prefer pecans or almonds)

Optional: honey, maple syrup, agave nectar or similar fluid sweetener; cinnamon

INSTRUCTIONS
1) Melt butter, then add your extracts.

2) Blend the cake mix into the butter, adding just enough milk as needed to get a smooth batter

3) Dump pie filling into ungreased baking pan large enough to hold the filling in a single or double layer.

4) Pour batter in thin layer over pie filling

5) Cover batter layer liberally with nuts

6) Optional: depending on the fillings and flavors you’re working with, drizzling the top with honey or something similar can add a nice touch. Certain pie fillings also pair well with additional seasonings, like adding a dusting of cinnamon to the batter if you’re working with apple pie filling.

The one pictured above is cherry with a lemon batter topping and pecans- no optional additives were used.

Yeah would eat that.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
A new cheesemaker has started showing up at our local Farmers’ Market. I’ve tried a few of their products.

Most of them are above average, but not by so much that I’d want to spend the extra money or do without waiting for a restock. But their cream cheese and feta are great! In fact, their feta is the best I can remember having in the past several years, so I’m definitely restocking that!

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Homemade corned beef hash. 1/2 a brisket, 3 potatoes, 3 strips bacon, 1/2 green pepper.

Attachments

• 1601734159905.png
    1601734159905.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 90

Zardnaar

Legend
Sounds almost tropical!

Hawaiian burger here. Basically a cheeseburger plus pineapple. This one is like a deluxe KFC burger.

One of my favorites is beef, extra onion, cheese, salad, egg, pineapple, bacon. Fish and chip shop calls it the buck Burger.

Another one is Canuck burger. Beef, bacon, onion rings, aioli and bbq sauce.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases