Cookin again

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Excellent posting, Ulfgeir! I’m definitely sharing it with others.

I didn’t agree with her 100%, but where I didn’t, it was about opinions, not facts. Like...for me, blue cheeses rule the roost. I’ve got over $100 of cheese in my fridge right now, and probably half of that is in a variety of blues.

Zardnaar

Legend
IMG_20210418_111936.jpg

Yay or nay lol.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
With potato chips, I tend towards: plain, cracked pepper, salt & vinegar, sour cream & chives, lime, cajun seasoning*, BBQ and flavors like that. Garlic bread would probably appeal, if done right. (If I’m adding dips to the mix, ridges or "scoops" are preferred, and few flavors have reinforced shapes.)

I tried to find that Kettle flavor you posted a while back- some kind of sautéed onion or some such?- but never saw it. I saw a LOT of Kettle flavors, but not that one.

Oddly, for the most part, other crunchy snacks don’t get me on flavors and variations as much. I like original Cheetos, Doritos, Fritos, Tostito, Bugles, Funions, Sun Chips, etc. The Butter Snaps by Snyder’s are probably my favorite mini-pretzels, but any other brand? I’m going basic.

Even popcorn is pretty straightforward for me. Butter & salt or a good caramel** are all I want. Unless, of course, I’m actually making it fresh myself, in which case I might top the buttered corn with a fancy seasoning mix, like Tony Chachere’s.

* specifically, Zapp’s Spicy Cajun Crawtator
1618809856688.jpeg

** my current fave

Ulfgeir

Hero
I would try it. I do love garlic bread, so probably yay. Depends on how it is made.

I will usually buy Pringles Salt & vinegar. And their Sourcream & Onion. If I buy other stuff my favourite included a Dill & chives from a Swedish brand (Estrella), or If I can get hold of it Blair's habanero-flavoured chips, who also does some hot sauces and they used to have cajun-flavoured chips. Delicious, but damn expensive for such small bags.

Last edited:

Ulfgeir

Hero
Excellent posting, Ulfgeir! I’m definitely sharing it with others.

I didn’t agree with her 100%, but where I didn’t, it was about opinions, not facts. Like...for me, blue cheeses rule the roost. I’ve got over $100 of cheese in my fridge right now, and probably half of that is in a variety of blues.
I thought Brie was considered the King of cheese. But It has to be properly matured, so it it is soft and a little bit runny.

Zardnaar

Legend
I would try it. I do love garlic bread, so probably yay. Depends on how it is made.

I will usually buy Pringles Salt & vinegar. And their Sourcream & Onion. If I buy other stuff my favourite included a Dill & chives from a Swedish brand, or If I can get hold of it habanero-flavoured chips. Same manufacturer does hot sauce and they used to have cajun-flavoured chips. Delicious, but damn expensive for such small bags.
With potato chips, I tend towards: plain, cracked pepper, salt & vinegar, sour cream & chives, lime, cajun seasoning*, BBQ and flavors like that. Garlic bread would probably appeal, if done right. (If I’m adding dips to the mix, ridges or "scoops" are preferred, and few flavors have reinforced shapes.)

I tried to find that Kettle flavor you posted a while back- some kind of sautéed onion or some such?- but never saw it. I saw a LOT of Kettle flavors, but not that one.

Oddly, for the most part, other crunchy snacks don’t get me on flavors and variations as much. I like original Cheetos, Doritos, Fritos, Tostito, Bugles, Funions, Sun Chips, etc. The Butter Snaps by Snyder’s are probably my favorite mini-pretzels, but any other brand? I’m going basic.

Even popcorn is pretty straightforward for me. Butter & salt or a good caramel** are all I want. Unless, of course, I’m actually making it fresh myself, in which case I might top the buttered corn with a fancy seasoning mix, like Tony Chachere’s.

* specifically, Zapp’s Spicy Cajun Crawtator
View attachment 135776

** my current fave

I didn't think you would find that flavour. Each country has slightly different flavors. Here they're trying out all sorts of inventive ones.

Traditional flavours.

Ready salted
Green/spring onion
Chicken
Salt and Vinegar

And may as well be.

Sour cream and chives
BBQ

Ulfgeir

Hero
I didn't think you would find that flavour. Each country has slightly different flavors. Here they're trying out all sorts of inventive ones.
True. I must say I really do not understand some of the flavours that Pringles does on some of their chips. For example who the hell would like chips with Pizza-flavour or chicken Teriyaki. It feels just so wrong...

Here in Sweden, most chips have sourcreamm on them. there are few that don't.

Remove ads