Cookin again

Zardnaar

Legend
Pretty plate!

Well, today we had a kitchen disaster for our personal record books. Not the worst, but still...

Long story short, a few weeks ago, we bought what we THOUGHT was chocolate flavored coffee beans, but they turned out to be dark chocolate shaped like coffee beans. They were a gift to my Dad.

We didn’t figure this out until he tried to use them to make coffee for some guests today.

At the very least, his grinder may have been ruined. Apparently, ground up dark chocolate sorta liquifies when placed in a grinder like that. Gummed the thing up NOICE!

Lol that is kinda funny. Not my coffee machine.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
Pretty plate!

Well, today we had a kitchen disaster for our personal record books. Not the worst, but still...

Long story short, a few weeks ago, we bought what we THOUGHT was chocolate flavored coffee beans, but they turned out to be dark chocolate shaped like coffee beans. They were a gift to my Dad.

We didn’t figure this out until he tried to use them to make coffee for some guests today.

At the very least, his grinder may have been ruined. Apparently, ground up dark chocolate sorta liquifies when placed in a grinder like that. Gummed the thing up NOICE!
Um. Oops?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
“Oops” is indeed the word!

He thinks he may have succeeded in cleaning it, but he did ask me to find one to replace it, just in case.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
“Oops” is indeed the word!

He thinks he may have succeeded in cleaning it, but he did ask me to find one to replace it, just in case.
The good(ish) news is that burr grinders don't have to be all that expensive. The pretty basic one we have was somewhere in the realm of $100, and I don't think you'd have to pay much more unless you wanted specific bells and/or whistles. I mean, it's still money you weren't planning on spending, so there's a limit on how good the news can be ...

Zardnaar

Legend
Made a mistake yesterday. We were supposed to go to the supermarket but "later". Later never came and shopping was more important.

And they were closed due to ANZAC day. So for breakfast McDonalds as it was open.

IMG_20210425_072919.jpg

The McDs breakfast Burger. Beef, bacon, egg,cheese, hash brown.

Then for dinner had this.

IMG_20210425_190400.jpg

Beef brisket burger. It was allveef big chunks of it. No salad or anything.

The beers didn't help either. Stupid holiday food eat crap all day and paid the price.

Zardnaar

Legend
Probably should have had a salad. Wife's meal.

IMG_20210425_190316.jpg

The waffle fries were great though.

IMG_20210425_185949.jpg

Going to some breakfast joint soon. Think I'lll eat oatmeal,bread and water for the rest of the week. Anything more simple than water? Baked dirt?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Definitely paid a price yesterday myself. Picked up some gooooood burgers for dinner last night, and I assassinated my intestines with my order. It wasn’t spicy or anything like that.

It was just all onions, everywhere.

The Mushroom Onion Swiss burger paired with a LARGE order of (excellent) onion rings was basically the equivalent of eating a whole large onion plus the associated fats. And after last night, I’m pretty sure my 53yo digestive tract cannot handle that kind of abuse anymore. So i need to revise my order at that place and others going forwards. Onions in (relative) moderation.

Zardnaar

Legend
Definitely paid a price yesterday myself. Picked up some gooooood burgers for dinner last night, and I assassinated my intestines with my order. It wasn’t spicy or anything like that.

It was just all onions, everywhere.

The Mushroom Onion Swiss burger paired with a LARGE order of (excellent) onion rings was basically the equivalent of eating a whole large onion plus the associated fats. And after last night, I’m pretty sure my 53yo digestive tract cannot handle that kind of abuse anymore. So i need to revise my order at that place and others going forwards. Onions in (relative) moderation.

Yeah I can handle large amounts of onion rings or deep fried much of anything in batter.

I can eat fries but not large quantities of onion rings/fisher.

One if the group last night had onion rings and they were huge.

I knew it was gonna be a bad weekend/road trip.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Looks pretty much like a lot of the stuff you’re going to find in a diner for breakfast. Might lean a bit more towards the California palate.

The shrooms on the Farmer’s breakfast are a little odd, though. That seems to be more European to me.

Remove ads