Cookin again

Zardnaar

Legend
We call these Belgian biscuits. Not sure if they're unique to NZ/ maybe Australia.

IMG_20220501_100917.jpg

IMG_20220501_100911.jpg

Two cinnamon cookies held togather with raspberry jam with vanilla icing and raspberry jelly crystals on top.

Zardnaar

Legend
Party like it's 1985.

IMG_20220503_123643.jpg

Bacon and egg pie with chocolate milk. Milks a kids one but it was on sale around 0.75 usd with less Suger than soda.

Pie was nice enough but very little bacon essentially an egg pie.

Late autumn but almost 17 degrees Celsius. Very good for deep south and this time of year t shirt weather.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I love chocolate…but I’m mildly allergic to it, I still eat it, but sparingly.

I may have mentioned this before, but did find a partial workaround, though. I bought some ToranI coffee syrup, and it’s a remarkable substitute for chocolate syrup. I’ve mostly had it on ice cream, but I bet a “coffee” milk would be similarly enjoyable.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
I love chocolate…but I’m mildly allergic to it, I still eat it, but sparingly.

I may have mentioned this before, but did find a partial workaround, though. I bought some ToranI coffee syrup, and it’s a remarkable substitute for chocolate syrup. I’ve mostly had it on ice cream, but I bet a “coffee” milk would be similarly enjoyable.
Chocolate overtones are relatively common in coffee--which I'm sure you know, as I know you have a relative (father, IIRC) who's serious about his coffee.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Yep!

i was originally going to have him make some coffee and I’d blend it with simple syrup, but when I found the Torani, I didn’t see any point in reinventing the meal.

Zardnaar

Legend
I don't eat much chocolate. Took me 4 days to eat a half pound Reese's peanut cup my friend in Houston sent me last week.

NZ flavoured milk isn't super sweet 7% Suger vs 10-11% soda.

I don't add Suger to coffee or tee. Not a massive fan of soda so I'll usually buy water or flavoured milk.

I don't mind a mocha though but will usually alternative between a flat white (Sunday) and a mocha today (Tuesday).

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Driving around after our eye exams, Mom & I tried a new (to us) place: Shawarma World.

They’ve been open for about 3 years, in a strip mall very close to where my father’s second office used to be. It’s not big, I’d say fewer than a dozen tables total- it would fit in most American fast food chain locations with room to spare.

The menu isn’t big, either, but it’s a nice selection nonetheless. Because we were eating in the car and only wanted a light snack, I got us two drinks, an order of their rice-stuffed grape leaves, and a chicken shawarma wrap (cut in half) with fries.

Their fries were nearly perfect. Crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside. Mom’s only complaint was not enough salt, but I thought they were fine. The wraps were tasty and slightly messy, as they should be. The stuffed grape leaves were served hot with a thick citrus & olive oil sauce similar to greek avgolemono and some nice pickles & tomatoes.

The guy working the register was waaaaaay cool, and it was obvious the staff was keeping that place as clean as possible.

Even though Mom wasn’t too happy with the grape leaves- she prefers meaty ones, which are relatively rare around here- she thought this place was good enough to make a return to at some future point.

Zardnaar

Legend
Driving around after our eye exams, Mom & I tried a new (to us) place: Shawarma World.

They’ve been open for about 3 years, in a strip mall very close to where my father’s second office used to be. It’s not big, I’d say fewer than a dozen tables total- it would fit in most American fast food chain locations with room to spare.

The menu isn’t big, either, but it’s a nice selection nonetheless. Because we were eating in the car and only wanted a light snack, I got us two drinks, an order of their rice-stuffed grape leaves, and a chicken shawarma wrap (cut in half) with fries.

Their fries were nearly perfect. Crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside. Mom’s only complaint was not enough salt, but I thought they were fine. The wraps were tasty and slightly messy, as they should be. The stuffed grape leaves were served hot with a thick citrus & olive oil sauce similar to greek avgolemono and some nice pickles & tomatoes.

The guy working the register was waaaaaay cool, and it was obvious the staff was keeping that place as clean as possible.

Even though Mom wasn’t too happy with the grape leaves- she prefers meaty ones, which are relatively rare around here- she thought this place was good enough to make a return to at some future point.

Stuffed grape leaves were dolma?

Menu looks very familiar except here there's normally lamb as an option with the chicken and falafel.

Kinda similar to that Arabic place I used to rave about but less options.

The hole in wall types with a few seats very similar to here.

Got a birthday coming up in July thinking of this place.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases