• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Coolest ways to leave a show...... *spoliers* duh

Just_Hal

First Post
Just rewatched Lost season 1 on dvd and the way Arzt(I think)- the science teacher was blown up is my favorite exit from a tv show.

What is yours?

Last edited:

EricNoah

Adventurer
I liked the end of season 3 of Smallville ... Clark gets pulled into the cave, Jonathan is unconscious, Lex is poisoned, Chloe's new house blows up, Lana leaves for France, all while Lionel (in prison) is getting a haircut. Nifty! The end of season 4 wasn't bad either (Clark in the arctic, Lana finds a spaceship, Smallville anihilated by meteors, Lionel in a trance).

WayneLigon

Adventurer
My favorite character exits:

Rosalind Shays (Diana Muldaur), the high-powered bitchy lawyer they brought on board to try and bring up falling revenues and who wound up almost destroying the firm. She is too intent on her conversation with one of the partners, turns and falls down an open elevator shaft to her death. Loved it.

Tasha Yar. I despised her character with a passion. Seeing her being choked to death by that black slime creature or whatever killed her made me sing and whistle for days.

Just_Hal

First Post
WayneLigon said:
My favorite character exits:

Rosalind Shays (Diana Muldaur), the high-powered bitchy lawyer they brought on board to try and bring up falling revenues and who wound up almost destroying the firm. She is too intent on her conversation with one of the partners, turns and falls down an open elevator shaft to her death. Loved it.

Tasha Yar. I despised her character with a passion. Seeing her being choked to death by that black slime creature or whatever killed her made me sing and whistle for days.

What shows WL?

Last edited:

ddvmor

I'm a little teapot!
That's be LA Law (I can't believe I knew that one) and Star Trek the Next Generation.

How about Sinclair's departure at the end of S1 of Babylon 5? Just kinda... vanished.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
The way Marcus left Babylon 5 was great. Both he and Ivonova were leaving the show, so it would have been just as easy to have them ride off into the sunset together, but instead he sacrifices his life for hers. Great stuff there.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Buffy's demise at the end of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Five. It was perfect. If they had ended the show at that point I would have been satisfied.

But for the all-time best way to end a show I still have to give the award to "Newhart", the show where Bob Newhart played Bob Loudon who managed a Vermont Inn. They ended the show with him waking up in the Chicago bedroom of Dr. Bob Hartley (his character from his previous show "The Bob Newhart Show") beside his wife Emily and telling her about this terrible nightmare that he just had about running the Inn.

John Crichton

First Post
Whisperfoot said:
The way Marcus left Babylon 5 was great. Both he and Ivonova were leaving the show, so it would have been just as easy to have them ride off into the sunset together, but instead he sacrifices his life for hers. Great stuff there.
The sad part is that JMS didn't know that Claudia Christian was leaving the show and was planning on having her around for S5. On the DVDs he mentions that if he knew that beforehand he wouldn't have killed off Marcus.

Oop.

Last edited:

Remove ads